By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

International Calls from Belize

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer
I am traveling to Belize in the coming weeks for work, and while I am gone I would like to be able to Skype with my wife. I have searched the support forums and have not found an answer. Is Belize a supported country for international calling in Latin America? I see Mexico, Argentina, Brazil and Chile, but not Belize. If someone has any information on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

See more topics labeled with:

Message 1 of 5 (1,759 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Tourist
Solution
Accepted as a solution by Wingwalker84
‎28-08-2015 11:00

For a long time the Belize govt-owned phone monolpoly blocked Skype and other VOIP services. They announced earlier in 2013 that this restriction would be lifted in April. I don't live in Belize so I cannot confirm if this actually happened, but the change was announced by Belize's prime minister.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5 (1,889 Views)
4 Replies
Novel Tourist
Solution
Accepted as a solution by Wingwalker84
‎28-08-2015 11:00

For a long time the Belize govt-owned phone monolpoly blocked Skype and other VOIP services. They announced earlier in 2013 that this restriction would be lifted in April. I don't live in Belize so I cannot confirm if this actually happened, but the change was announced by Belize's prime minister.

Message 2 of 5 (1,890 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Thanks for the information afeg. Hopefully it is true, and the block has been lifted. If not, I guess I will be using my work computer instead as it is routed through a VPN.
Message 3 of 5 (1,727 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I did not end up using Skype while I was in Belize, but I did talk to the locals there and they did say that the ban had been lifted.  Thanks for your help afeg.

Message 4 of 5 (1,707 Views)
Staff Moderator
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation