By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How do I verify Caller ID when I have texting blocked.

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer
Not new to Skype, but new to making phone calls. Purchased the US unlimited monthly plan. The Caller ID number I want displayed is on my cell phone. The problem is for security reasons, I have both texting and data blocked on this cell phone. Question is, how then do I receive a verification code to display the correct number? Thanks in advance and did several searches and could not find a solution.
Message 1 of 3 (1,598 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by dcraton
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Just chatted with a Skype representative...yes there was a language/communication barrier.  According to the support rep, Skype only provides the verification number via text.  Only.  No mas.  Nada.  Disppointed at best.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3 (1,626 Views)
2 Replies
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by dcraton
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Just chatted with a Skype representative...yes there was a language/communication barrier.  According to the support rep, Skype only provides the verification number via text.  Only.  No mas.  Nada.  Disppointed at best.  

Message 2 of 3 (1,627 Views)
Novel Adventurer
worse yet my sms is now blocked by skype, for som strange reason suddenly i'm told to verify my number before i can send
text
Message 3 of 3 (781 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation