By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How do I verify Caller ID when I have texting blocked.

SOLVED
Go to solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer
Not new to Skype, but new to making phone calls. Purchased the US unlimited monthly plan. The Caller ID number I want displayed is on my cell phone. The problem is for security reasons, I have both texting and data blocked on this cell phone. Question is, how then do I receive a verification code to display the correct number? Thanks in advance and did several searches and could not find a solution.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Adventurer

Just chatted with a Skype representative...yes there was a language/communication barrier.  According to the support rep, Skype only provides the verification number via text.  Only.  No mas.  Nada.  Disppointed at best.  

2 Replies
Novel Adventurer

Just chatted with a Skype representative...yes there was a language/communication barrier.  According to the support rep, Skype only provides the verification number via text.  Only.  No mas.  Nada.  Disppointed at best.  

Novel Adventurer
worse yet my sms is now blocked by skype, for som strange reason suddenly i'm told to verify my number before i can send
text
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation