By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Credit vs Subscription

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

What is the difference between Skype Credit & a Skype subscription?  I forgot that I was set to auto-renew, so today I was charged again for another year of Skype Credit.  I contacted Skype for a refund of this next year of credit since I am no longer using it much & I still have a balance of credit for the last year.  I received a credit to my account.  Customer Service said my subscription had been cancelled, but I still have 2 days left to use my Skype Credit.  I asked if I lose the Credit balance & Customer Service said "NO", I could still use the Credit, my Subscription had just been cancelled.  

Can someone clarify the difference between Skype Credit & the Subscription?  Can I still use my Skype Credit after this Subscription period ends in two days?

Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 9 (2,781 Views)
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Honorary Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by CTroyano
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Yes your credit will stay with you until you use it up or you do not make any calls for I think 90 days. They will send you an email to tell you if your credit is ready to expire.

If you found a post useful, please give Kudos. If it helped to fix your issue, mark it as a solution to help others.
Thank You!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9 (3,052 Views)
Super Adventurer
Solution

CTroyano wrote:

Sorry, I still need a little clarification.  

So can I still use my Skype credit when my subscription runs out in a day or so?

Christine

Yes, you can still use Skype Credit.  It is valid for up to 180 days after the last call you made using Skype Credit.  To reset that 180-day timer, simply make a call that uses Skype Credit.  There is also a way to reactivate Skype Credit that expired due to non-use, through Skype Support, but the easiest way to keep it going is to just make a call that uses the credit. 

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9 (3,051 Views)
8 Replies

Hi,

== https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11096/ ==

Hth

Il n'y a aucun problème que l'absence de solution ne puisse résoudre ! ;-)
IMac Intel 27" Retina Core i5 3.3 GHz - RAM 24 GB - OS 10.12 Sierra
Skype 7.37.178
Message 2 of 9 (2,767 Views)
Novel Adventurer

So can I still use my Skype credit when my subscription runs out in a day or so?

Christine

Message 3 of 9 (2,758 Views)
Honorary Adventurer
Solution

Yes your credit will stay with you until you use it up or you do not make any calls for I think 90 days. They will send you an email to tell you if your credit is ready to expire.

If you found a post useful, please give Kudos. If it helped to fix your issue, mark it as a solution to help others.
Thank You!
Message 4 of 9 (3,053 Views)
Super Adventurer
Solution

CTroyano wrote:

Christine

Yes, you can still use Skype Credit.  It is valid for up to 180 days after the last call you made using Skype Credit.  To reset that 180-day timer, simply make a call that uses Skype Credit.  There is also a way to reactivate Skype Credit that expired due to non-use, through Skype Support, but the easiest way to keep it going is to just make a call that uses the credit. 

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
Message 5 of 9 (3,052 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Thank you so much! Quick & simple answer. Perfect! :-))
Message 6 of 9 (2,748 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Thank you so much. Straight & to the point. Wonderful. :-))
Message 7 of 9 (2,748 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer
I have a Skype credit balance of 6 USD. in addition to this I have subscribed for 120 minutes of India call. when I make a call to India amount its debited from the credit and not from the subscription. how will Ikeep my subscription as default debit method. Pls help
Message 8 of 9 (2,532 Views)
Casual Tourist

I have used Skype with the same credit card for the past year and now it will not allow me to reactivate my account! Why? The card is good the account is the same. I have called my bank and there is NO problem. the problem seems to be with Skype. There is no way to call and talk to a human and the emails that I have received have been totally worthless and do not even address the problem. I want to use Skype and reactivate my account but OMG - Skype you make it so difficult. 

What more can I do? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 9 (1,745 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation