By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Change skype name/transfer money

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hi, I would like to change my skype name, is that possible?
If it´s not can you transfer money from one skype account to another?

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 4 (916 Views)
3 Replies

Hi, Freddee, and welcome to the Community,

Skype does not permit an account name to be changed once it is created.

Neither does Skype permit the transfer of subscriptions or credit from one account to the other.  Both of these protocols are in place as anti-fraud and security measures.

What to do?  You may request a refund from Skype Customer Service of the credit from the account where you do not need it.  Then, purchase a new amount of credit for the account where you will use it.

Here is the link to use to contact Skype Customer Service: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/how-can-i-contact-skype-customer-service

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 2 of 4 (908 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Okay, but i dont get how i turn it in credits?

Message 3 of 4 (867 Views)

Hi, Freddee,

Welcome back!

I do not know of any way to turn an unused subscription into credits.  If you mean instead to request reimbursement of the funds on account (pre-purchased Skype credit), all you need to do is request a refund starting with the link, above, which will take you to the instructions to reach Skype Customer Service.

Kind regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 4 of 4 (844 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation