By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Cancel skype account

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

How can I cancel my skype account?

Message 1 of 20 (47,979 Views)
19 Replies
Novel Tourist

How do you cancel a skype account? Can't find a 'settings' button to get to "cancel subscription" and can't even get an email to them.

Message 2 of 20 (47,942 Views)
Staff
Hi,

Probably this post is helpful: http://community.skype.com/t5/Community-feedback/Deleting-Skype-Accounts/m-p/67142#M6283

Customer service: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Message 3 of 20 (47,929 Views)
Novel Adventurer

11. ENDING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH SKYPE

11.1 You may terminate your relationship with Skype at any time and without recourse to the courts by requesting closure of your User Account, ceasing to use the Software, Products and/or Skype Websites and cancelling any recurring payments.

No way to cancel account? A red flag goes up when I encounter such a policy.  I'm making every attempt, covered every exercise to create a new montly subscritption. Yet, every possible avenue for assistance has lead me on a goose chance; wasting my time and resources. PLEASE PLEAS HELP. I want my payment accpeted (not refused 7 times today), I don't want to have to read anothe r"support" post that offers no support, and I'd like to speak withya real human via real customer support communication method.

Message 4 of 20 (41,578 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I want to cancell my account!!![Removed for privacy]

Message 5 of 20 (38,893 Views)
Novel Adventurer

HEEELP!! 

I've been getting changed for "skype" premium for OVER A YEAR and I can't even remember the last time I logged into this thing! That is over 100 USD gone to waste!! How can I cancel this? Golly why is this so complicated to cancel?! Give me my money back!!!

Message 6 of 20 (38,824 Views)
Power User

you may need to contact customer service, here's how;

How to Contact Skype Customer Service

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Message 7 of 20 (38,820 Views)
Casual Tourist

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for provoding us the link, it was so helpful. I was able to cancel my subscribtion. 

Cheers,

Ris and Ifa

Message 8 of 20 (37,749 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have two Skype accounts [Removed for privacy], I am back in the America and do not need a Skype account and request a refund of the charges made to my credit card on 13 June 2012

Message 9 of 20 (37,020 Views)
Staff
Replied here:
http://community.skype.com/t5/Payments-and-Billing/Subscription-cancelization-process/m-p/808186

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Message 10 of 20 (36,923 Views)
Discussion Stats