By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

verification code not sending ...to setup caller ID

Novel Tourist
I have read a lot of reports stating that people are not getting thier verifcation codes. 
I am one of them as well... What do i need to do?
Message 1 of 5 (816 Views)
4 Replies
Casual Adventurer

I'm having the same problem.  The verification code isn't being sent out while I'm trying to verify my number for setting the caller ID.  SMS is working fine on this end.  What do I do?

Highlighted
Super Adventurer
if you cannot use Skype to send an SMS to the mobile phone whose number you are trying to verify, then the only thing you can do is to contact Skype Customer Support with the details so they can investigate:

https://support.skype.com/faq/FA1170?intcmp=SN-Mods
Regards,
Neil
Message 3 of 5 (786 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Why is the support page going to a Microsoft page that then displays the following: 

Sorry, the page you requested is not available. 

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/how-do-i-contact-skype-customer-service?intcmp=SN-Mods

Seems like there is no email to any SKYPE support team.  Perhaps their email or SMS is not working either!

Message 4 of 5 (156 Views)

Hello @Arizona900,

Skype customer support do not have an e-mail support system. The model used is a livechat system. Is the link still not working? I tried it just now and it went through.

Microsoft are aware that there are some issues with the livechat system. It can help to temporarily enable pop-ups and (again temporarily) disable any addons/extensions, which block pop-ups. The reason for this is that the livechat window displays in a pop-up; if this is blocked, then the livechat cannot function.

In addition, it can also help to use Internet Explorer for it, even if it is not your usual browser.

Hope that helps.

Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation