Panasonic Blueray --- SKYPE not working properly

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Panasonic Blueray --- SKYPE not working properly

I have tried to use Skype in Blue-ray player (DMP-BDT210) but it keeps saying I have too many contacts to use Skype.

I purchased this unit basically for Skype. How many contacts can I have to be able to use it?

I mean, what is the point to have a Skype-activated gadget if I can not use it with my contacts??!! This was a nasty surprise to be honest, not what I was expecting!!!

By the way, I deleted most of my contacts from Skype and STILL I can't use it...! That means I need to have no contacts in Skype -- to call who then???!!!? Why I would need this unit if I have no contacts to call, What for?!!!!!

Thanks

alfredocrp
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (371 Views)

Re: Panasonic Blueray --- SKYPE not working properly

PANASONIC AND SKYPE - WARNING

I bought a BDT 330 - I chose that model over other makes mainly because it claimed it had Skype.

Skype did not work, so I contacted Panasonic customer support.

They insisted - over several emails that they DID have Skype on this model, and that I must be doing something wrong.

So I took the 330 back to Curry's who contacted Panasonic dealer support. Curry were told that Panasonic had REMOVED  Skype, owing to technical problems. So I contacted Panasonic Customer support (who had been telling untruths to me) who then said that Skype would be put back in the next firmware update. OK, so I waited for the next firmare update as they suggested. So, I updated the firmware and - guess what - STILL NO SKYPE.  Panasonic had fed me a further "statement that did not correspond with reality".

I have now lodged a formal complaint with Panasonic.

btw - I have all the emails to support the above statements.

Martin12345
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (164 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling