By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

"Signing In" takes forever on Nokia E63?

Novel Tourist

I recently had Skype installed on my Nokia E63, it was working fine. Decided to re-install it (stupid me) and now can't seem to sign-in at all.

All it ever says is "Signing In..." and then it will eventually close and take me back to the login page. So I re-enter my username + password and then try to sign in again... but it will take me to "Signing In..." all over again.

Any ideas how to fix this? I've tried re-installing a million times  

Message 1 of 16 (8,193 Views)
15 Replies
Highlighted
Novel Tourist
Hi mate, I am having the same issue with my nokia too. It was working fine a moment ago, I got disconnected from WLAN and when i went back to re-connect it just does the same as it does for you. Signing in and then back to sign on page. Skype guys please assist. I am a paid subscriber too
Message 2 of 16 (8,139 Views)
Novel Tourist

Hi! I'm also having the same problem on my E63. I also read that other similar phones are having the same problem. Is there something wrong with the service for these phones?

Message 3 of 16 (8,018 Views)
Novel Tourist

I am having the same problem fo E63

Has this issued solve for you guys?

if solve plese comment

Message 4 of 16 (7,391 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have solve this problem by lot of googling.

Step 1: uninstall skype from nokia phone when it finishes swith of your mobile.

Step 2: Download latest version of skype i have E52 (S60V3) and at this time its latest version availiable is 1.5.

Step 3: Power On Mobile and install latest version of skype.

Step 4: Switch off your mobile.

Step 5: Swith On your mobile and now skype will connect.

Message 5 of 16 (7,345 Views)
Casual Tourist

not worked for E63

Message 6 of 16 (7,339 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Sorry I have make one step more before all doing this. that was "Restore To Factory" Settings.

Message 7 of 16 (7,334 Views)
Novel Adventurer

If Not Working Try java skype from following link.

http://phoneky.com/java-software/?p=view-item&st=4&id=a1a1213

Message 8 of 16 (7,324 Views)
Novel Adventurer
i have the same problem too with nokia e63...it will jst go back to the login page...pls help..
Message 9 of 16 (5,060 Views)
Novel Tourist
I recently had Skype installed on my Nokia E63, it was working fine. Decided to re-install it (stupid me) and now can't seem to sign-in at all.

All it ever says is "Signing In..." and then it will eventually close and take me back to the login page. So I re-enter my username + password and then try to sign in again... but it will take me to "Signing In..." all over again. Any ideas how to fix this?

I've tried re-installing a million times. Plase help.
Message 10 of 16 (4,487 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 15 kudos
  • 12 in conversation