By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype on PlayStation 4

Novel Tourist

Skype's vice-president Mark Gillett has said he wants to bring Skype to the PlayStation 4.

“We’ve worked with Sony for a long time. Skype ships today on the PlayStation Portable amongst other cross-platform devices that we deliver to, and for the last few years we’ve also been shipping versions of Skype that run on Sony TVs. ”We’re obviously not party to their pre-release [PlayStation] hardware road map [but] we’re committed to cross-platform.”

I'm really pleased about this news but didn't think it was possible because Skype is a Microsoft company, but then they have made Skype available on Android and iPhone so it makes sense that Skype is an open platform. I really hope this works out as someone who intends to get the PS4 I'd love this because I could talk to my mom who lives far away.

Source: Handy Tips 

See more topics labeled with:

Message 1 of 22 (72,974 Views)
21 Replies
Novel Tourist

A backport to the PS3 would expand the Skype family in a meaningful way. At least talk about that possibility so that Sony takes notice and paves the way for an easier PS4 debut as a means of sweetening the pot for current PS3 owners to move to the new version. Right now the value proposition is nominal given the $500+ price tag.

Message 2 of 22 (72,924 Views)
Novel Tourist

that would be great! 1 thing more i wil keep paying for my skype international 

Message 3 of 22 (70,342 Views)
Novel Tourist

if ps4 had skype i would be so happy because i am always video chatting in groups with my friends 

on pc and it would be great on ps4 becasue i pefer console gaming

Message 4 of 22 (68,160 Views)
Novel Tourist

Message 5 of 22 (61,413 Views)
Novel Tourist

Skype on PS4 any day now would be great...
Hopefully an update soon on that.

Message 6 of 22 (61,255 Views)
Novel Tourist

I am also waiting for Skype on PS4. Any news on release date?

Message 7 of 22 (50,900 Views)

i have a samsung tv with skype app and no samsung camera! I have a ps4 with ps4 camera and no skype app! I am stuck with my laptop to call my friends and parents. It would be a very good addition  if we have skype. More options are always good. I am sure Microsoft will have a lot of benefit from it as well.

Message 8 of 22 (44,911 Views)
Novel Tourist

hi, skype could you please bring skype on the ps4 it would be awsome also the vita has it but not the ps4 please bring it so i can call people on my console, thanks.

Message 9 of 22 (44,455 Views)
Novel Tourist
Skype on the ps4
Message 10 of 22 (13,166 Views)
Discussion Stats