By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

skype on nokia C7

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

Hello people at Skype.

I've got a nokia C7 smartphone and I've installed skype at least 3 times, first from ovistore, later directly from skype.com.

The application does get properly installed, but when I try to lunch it, it just gets to the "loading image" and then it just shuts down without actually getting to the application itself.

Thanks for the help!

32 Replies
Experienced Adventurer

Try this-

Download from link to the right of the text:

Symbian^3 platform - version 2.0.0.5

on the following page:

blogs.skype.com/garage/symbian/

Message 2 of 33 (46,552 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I used this link, loads perfectly but get terrible heterodyning on the audio still, even using a decent wi-fi connection, so I know its not signal related.

Message 3 of 33 (46,545 Views)
Highlighted
Casual Adventurer

Happens just the same to me...with a Nokia E5. Since 1 week ago.

Message 4 of 33 (46,504 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Skype ver 2.0.0.5 downloaded from the OviStore or from Skype does not work for the Nokia C7/Astound.  I could not understand the audio calls and could only hear echoes, pings and noisy feedback sounds from the Test audio or from actual Skype callers.

The blogosphere is full of Nokia C7 not working with Skype.  Shame shame.  Looks like Verizon's got the inside track with Skype to the detriment of Nokia/Symbian platforms

Message 5 of 33 (46,392 Views)
Novel Adventurer

@efmdllc 

Version 2.0.0.5  does not work either from Ovi Store or from the Skype Garage !  Audio calls come accross like a Poltergeist coming out of your TV set (incomprehensible).

Message 6 of 33 (46,391 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hi

I tried to get Skype to C7 with Symbian Anna.

Got the message:

Skype isn´t available for your phone.

What is wrong?

Message 7 of 33 (46,346 Views)
Novel Adventurer
same is happening on my nokia n97mini. Someone in skype inc should be aware of the problem and fix it
Message 8 of 33 (46,327 Views)
Novel Tourist

I have the same problem on my Nokia C7 ,and  the skype people wont help, the skype for the symbian OS ,must be at fault.

Message 9 of 33 (46,200 Views)
Casual Tourist

Yes, I agree.

People from Nokia should do something

It is not posible that we cannot use skype!!!!!

Message 10 of 33 (45,212 Views)
Discussion Stats