By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

how do i download skype on my blackberry playbook?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Can we please have Skype for the PlayBook? Thanks.

Message 41 of 92 (8,836 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Did you bother to consider the idea that a native app is in development? Programming and designing on RIM's OS platforms isn't as straight forward as their competitors.
Message 42 of 92 (8,670 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Tourist

I am on Skype via IMO.IM, orks o.k. but I cn not b

get the camera working on the BB Playbook. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Message 43 of 92 (8,396 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Of course, it's difficult to create Skype for PB, the complaints for the Mac and anything other than PC Windows are easy to find.  However, waiting for some creative programmer to come up with the app, rather than have it released with PB, IMHO was a blunder.

Love my PB's and BB's, but Skype, fully functioning like on a Win PC is more important.

Loyalty? Why should I invest in the latest BB if they ignore this thread, and miss a huge market segment.  The app for MacBook Air has problems.  IMHO, Skype, BB, etc. need to depend less on independent developers and start servicing customers with good, consistent products, and not rest on laurels, or depend on a motivated independent developer.   Fed up! 

Message 44 of 92 (8,393 Views)
Novel Tourist

ijeoma1982 wrote:
please someone help me

Message 45 of 92 (8,231 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Heelooo testing one two three. Lol.
Message 46 of 92 (8,179 Views)
Novel Tourist

Wow I bought a playbook because it has flash... And I thought well hey, it must have skype right but no, Rim has let me down ounce again, first a slow phone.. now this! blackberry better get there stuff straight WE DEMAND SKYPE!!! KUDOS IF YOU AGREE

Message 47 of 92 (8,121 Views)
Casual Adventurer

It's not RIM, it's Skype.  Skype sux - use oovooo

CurtisScagnetti wrote:

Wow I bought a playbook because it has flash... And I thought well hey, it must have skype right but no, Rim has let me down ounce again, first a slow phone.. now this! blackberry better get there stuff straight WE DEMAND SKYPE!!! KUDOS IF YOU AGREE

Message 48 of 92 (8,059 Views)
Novel Adventurer

People need to know about this , its huge 

We have skype for blackberry !!!!

Every Playbook user wants skype , it's the missing ap, this is a perfect solution !

Well done 

Message 49 of 92 (7,922 Views)
Novel Tourist
My video won't work using this. Any suggestions?
Message 50 of 92 (7,285 Views)