By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype on Belle (Nokia N8)

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

If you have a solution why do you not post it here on the Forum??

Message 41 of 73 (2,545 Views)
Novel Adventurer

search for Skype_2.1.23signed.sis download and download and install to your phone memory. Works like a charm. I got it from 2shared and I cannot load the link it seems.

Message 42 of 73 (2,504 Views)
Casual Adventurer

jagger wrote:

If you have a solution why do you not post it here on the Forum??

ZuluGulu posted the link for the installation file of a working skype version on belle.

if you dont wanna download that file, just google Skype v 2.1 for belle and you will find it on multiple websites.

Message 43 of 73 (2,472 Views)
Novel Tourist
the version Skype 2.1.23 is no longer woking for me (nokia C7) ... is it still working for one of you guys?
Message 44 of 73 (2,395 Views)
Casual Adventurer
On my N8 it is still working.
Message 45 of 73 (2,353 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Why would they pull the plug on the Nokia N8? There are so many out there of this device, it's still on the market. If Skype disappears from my Nokia, then I'll really have to move to iOS or Android. 

Message 46 of 73 (2,353 Views)
Casual Adventurer
The screen lock always opens up during a Skype call. This is annoying, all sorts of icons get pressed. Skype is the only app that does this. Anyone has seen this before?
N8: Nokia Belle 111.030.0609
Message 47 of 73 (2,352 Views)
Novel Adventurer
probably because Skype now belongs to Microsoft....?
Message 48 of 73 (2,221 Views)
Novel Adventurer

and far away from Nokia.... they are taking one bad step after the other....

olee22 wrote:

Why would they pull the plug on the Nokia N8? There are so many out there of this device, it's still on the market. If Skype disappears from my Nokia, then I'll really have to move to iOS or Android. 

Message 49 of 73 (2,219 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hmm, are we sure they dropped supporting N8?

I checked Nokia Suite today and I see Skype is available to install. I've already installed it so I'm not going to try it again.

I've installed Skype on my N8 about 4 month ago when I've updated to Belle.

Sent the link to my phone via SMS and installed from there. Skype version is 2.01.23

I've been using it since.

Message 50 of 73 (2,208 Views)
Discussion Stats