By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype on Belle (Nokia N8)

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I upgraded my Nokia N8 to Symbian Belle and installed Skye 2.1 on tuesday. From then I got it working twice, but now it doesn't work. It loads, but when I press 'sign in' Skype closes instantly as if nothing happened. The connection in the settings/connectivity/connection manager remains there and in info it says app: skyhost

See more topics labeled with:

Message 1 of 73 (63,153 Views)
72 Replies
Novel Tourist

Same for me on my C7. Only that I didn't get it to work even once...

Message 2 of 73 (63,143 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I just reinstalled Belle software with OVI and Skype works now again

Message 3 of 73 (63,136 Views)
Novel Tourist
I face ame problem here here.yukkkk...what is the solution
Message 4 of 73 (62,973 Views)
Novel Tourist
according to www.skype.com/m the program is not compatible with my n8. I got it work a few times with my phone as well... So i dont understand. This new belle upgrade is starting to look crappier and crappier everyday...
Message 5 of 73 (62,960 Views)
Novel Adventurer

The situation I had after the upgrade to Belle on my N8 was that after I grabbed the (supposedly) Belle version of Skype from the Store, after I entered my login details the app just crashed/stopped working.  After many hours of digging (because I don't give up that easily) I came across a post that reckoned it would work if I used the standard Nokia Evolve theme - 'no way' I thought but hey presto it does you know; how weird, I suppose Nokia/Skype thought we needed this little extra challenge!  I mean, change to a theme downloaded from the Store and an app stops working - come on guys!

Message 6 of 73 (62,823 Views)
Novel Tourist

The "Remember Me" option at sign in doesn't. Any solution? 

Message 7 of 73 (62,701 Views)
Novel Tourist
Yep, sure enough kirbycross4 is right. Change the theme back to evolve and it starts working again for me! Now that's a stupid bug to have. Come on skype, who did the testing for that one!
Message 8 of 73 (62,689 Views)
Novel Tourist
Yep, it sure worked for me too! The strangest thing!! Anyhow, at least Skype works now
Message 9 of 73 (62,511 Views)
Novel Tourist
no es compatible con ni Nokia n8
Message 10 of 73 (62,404 Views)
Discussion Stats