By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype for Symbian Belle

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

It is work

Message 21 of 35 (3,645 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Still there is no version for Nokia 500. Will there be a compatible version for Belle?

Message 22 of 35 (3,594 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Nokia 500 has same main hardware as the other Nokia with Symbian Belle you have released Skype for.

At least let us have a beta or test release for all Symbian Belle phones. It's a very ugly thing that you limit the other users that could benefit from this.

I'm using skype for my work too in a group subscription and now I can't use it anymore on my phone that I'm sure it's compatible as I develop applications on it, and I will not change the phone I wanted for a mistake that Skype does.

Message 23 of 35 (3,245 Views)
Experienced Adventurer

Hi!

v2.1.xx support handsets based on Symbian Belle OS, BUT

( + ) skype support chat/send message/sms/files and calls... 

( - ) skype NOT SUPPORT AGAIN videocalls, there are not changes of interface, there is not optimization and improvements! 

And

( - ) on the download page of site there are not changes in: Compatible Symbian phones  users can't download and install Skype on Nokia 603/701

( - ) a version Skype did not update almost 1 year: "Current Version: 2.0   Release date: April 21st, 2011" 

As a result: for the users of Skype politician for the last year is a policy of ignoring users why have Nokia handsets based on Symbian OS: faster and more stable what Android! Users want to have equality and choice.

Please give new powerfull version Skype for Symbian with videocalls  and correct errors on a official site!

P.S.: add here ( +1 ) - administrators must see this report!

Message 24 of 35 (3,242 Views)
Novel Adventurer
When will skype support Nokia x7 (symbian Belle)?
Message 25 of 35 (3,232 Views)
Novel Tourist

when i download skype on my mobile after downloading,

before beginning of installation message appears on my mobile screen...

(Application not compatible with phone.continue anyway???)

when i continue anyway...my skype doesn't work

Message 26 of 35 (3,220 Views)
Experienced Adventurer

download and install Skype v2.1.xx from OVI-store. From official site skype.com - Skype not download's or not working!

Message 27 of 35 (3,204 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Tourist

Is there a chance to see a working version of Skype for the Nokia 500(Symbian Belle)?

Message 28 of 35 (2,841 Views)
Novel Tourist
i have video call skype for n 97
Message 29 of 35 (2,788 Views)
Novel Tourist
how can i make download?
Message 30 of 35 (2,618 Views)
Discussion Stats