By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype for Nokia E6-00

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I want to buy Nokia E6-00 - but it seems there is no Skype available for this phone. At least I did not find it on list of 'compatible Symbian phones' nor  under list of all Symbian handsets.

28 Replies
Novel Adventurer

Message 2 of 29 (50,608 Views)
Reliable Adventurer

Unfortunately Nokia E6-00 is not one of the supported models. You can find the list of supported symbian handsets from here:

Message 3 of 29 (50,605 Views)
Veteran Adventurer

Lets check OVI Store !

May be find out..

Sincerely yours,
Вы можете добавить меня в скайп для помощи и тестов.
Message 4 of 29 (50,587 Views)
Novel Tourist

is there any plan to release Skype for Nokia E6-00 (belle version)... ?

Check Ovi store, current version works with minor interface issues. But it would be great if interface will be adapted for E6-00 (Belle) screen.

Message 6 of 29 (47,362 Views)
Novel Tourist
Yes there is a supported version in the Nokia's Ovi Store, you can check it out. But the sorry state is that it does not support video calling in spite of Nokia E6 having a secondary camera.
Message 7 of 29 (45,168 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I do not understand your comment. On my phone version 2.0.0 (5) intalled from OVI Store is bugging (could not find 2.1). I cannot get access to sign-in screen of Skype because I'm having popo-up screens coming up and a loop to next one when I accept and finaly getting out without giving opportunity to enter my codes

Message 8 of 29 (44,778 Views)
Novel Adventurer
The major bug with the Skype in Nokia E6-00 is when the application is opened the keypad backlights gone off, if application is closed then only i am getting the backlights back. the lights are not available for any functionality even outside app too during when the applicaiton is opened.
Message 9 of 29 (43,294 Views)
Casual Tourist

I am not even able to login skype i own a nokia E-6 updated os is belle and once u try logging in the software closes down and reached back to the main menu.

Can i know if any release has been done for the same?

Message 10 of 29 (41,390 Views)
Discussion Stats