By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype for Nintendo DSi\3DS

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Why skype did not do it for NDSi\3DS? It's a perfect console! Mic, Camera, Headphone jack...

Message 1 of 80 (35,896 Views)
79 Replies
Novel Adventurer

Are there any plans in place for Skype to be developed for the Nintendo 3DS? The feedback I've gotten from other users has been entirely positive, and the response I recieved from a positive response from a Nintendo representative when I asked about it, though they said it would be Skype's call.

So, anything going on?

Message 2 of 80 (27,094 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I know right, dont know when they'll put the software on the internet to download it but it better be soon and if anyone hasma link to download it then plz tell me.? ("
Message 3 of 80 (35,411 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I have a DSi XL and i need Skype. It has a front-facing camera so it deserves it like the BlackBerry PlayBook and XBOX 360 Kinect. Like other devices that don't have it the Nintendo DSi/DSi XL/3DS are 3 devices which really need it. I want them DS owners to have Skype.

Here is What it should be like:

Nintendo DS Lite

Microphone-Voice Calling

Nintendo DSi/DSi XL

Microphone-Voice Calling

Camera-Video Chat

Nintendo 3DS

Microphone-Voice Calling

Camera-Video Chat

3D-3D Video calling

Message 4 of 80 (35,260 Views)
Casual Tourist
no skype free downl or instal for nintendo 3DS why?
Message 5 of 80 (26,571 Views)
Novel Adventurer

No skype for Nintendo 3DS because Iv'e look everywere and nothing

Message 6 of 80 (26,471 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hi There!,

Skype called Nintendo regarding if they can have Skype on the Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL and Wii U in May 2013. I know it is a long time to wait but it just takes time for Nintendo to download it into their system. 

Message 7 of 80 (26,305 Views)
Novel Adventurer
we need nintendo dsi/3ds skype!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 8 of 80 (34,369 Views)
Novel Tourist
I totally agree with all you lot its so much easier than setting up the computer whenever yo wanna chat to your mates
Message 9 of 80 (34,095 Views)
Experienced Adventurer

I have a Nintendo 3Ds as well and I would LOVE to see Skype release a version of their program for this system.  I think it would be a big success.

Message 10 of 80 (34,085 Views)