By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype for BlackBerry PlayBook

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Do you plan on having skype working on the playbook ?

Thank you,

Message 51 of 426 (11,169 Views)
Novel Adventurer

i am extremely disappointed that I can't get a real working version of skype. I would even pay for it. IMO is junk you can't video chat. Please will they ever find a solution

Message 52 of 426 (11,164 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Well if you can't etc

Ok lets use this bandwith for a BB Playbook PIN # exchange so we can use video chat

Please keep the calls clean and of a testing nature

Trust there will be at least 100,000 additions, each one a vote for Skype for Playbook

Message 53 of 426 (11,033 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Any one else noticed how they removed most of the page with the commens in here?

There were more than 15 pages worth of comments in here - now there are only 6 pages...???

Either the mod is a pisssy mod or skype really tries to make it look like there is no demand for it on the PlayBook.

"Nice" one skype...

Message 54 of 426 (11,008 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Well I will join the campaign and start posting! I don't understand what the issue is with Skype, the demand is there for the playbook and as a business user it makes sense that I should be able to access my account on all my devices!
Message 55 of 426 (10,841 Views)
Novel Tourist

Just want to add my vote for a Skype app for BB Playbook.  It is needed and will be used extensively!

Message 56 of 426 (10,821 Views)
Novel Tourist

Before I download..does Skype for Android work with Playbook OS 2. I also support previous posters Skype for Playbook is almost a must!

Message 57 of 426 (10,757 Views)
Novel Tourist
We need a Skype app for BB Playbook! Plz make it happen
Message 58 of 426 (10,699 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Why ohh why. Have they not bought this out yet on the playbook
Message 59 of 426 (10,694 Views)
Community Manager

There's no official Skype for Playbook. But maybe this workaround helps you to get Skype chat on your Playbook: 

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 60 of 426 (10,681 Views)