By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype for BlackBerry PlayBook

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer
Right now, it may not be skype, but we all should give a chance to Comwave ePhone (available in the app store). They provide you with the regular free videocall to other ePhone users, give you a phone number, unlimited incoming calls and 250 minutes of calling to 57 countries (including yours) per MONTHS, for a very interesting price of 20$ per YEAR, one payment per year. There is a 100 minutes free demo available. Let's give them a chance, they deserve our business!
Message 11 of 426 (9,059 Views)
Routine Adventurer
I get to skype but I can't call land lines...
Message 12 of 426 (9,032 Views)
Novel Tourist

So, what is the SOLUTION? I have a new Blackberry Playbook and would like to use SKYPE but cannot find a link to download the program. When will the SOLUTION be posted?

Message 13 of 426 (8,347 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Soo, OS2 is around the corner, Skype would be a nice addition to the list of nice apps.

Message 14 of 426 (7,430 Views)
Highlighted
Casual Adventurer

From your browser go to https://imo.im to use SKYPE

Message 15 of 426 (7,127 Views)
Novel Tourist

I can't seem to get the camera working with the suggested imo site.  Suggestions?

Message 16 of 426 (7,069 Views)
Novel Tourist
We need A REAL application that works completely. The web version won't work fine for video calling.
Message 17 of 426 (6,326 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Its pretty much b.s that they even released a skype app for vizio t.vs yet not app for the BlackBerry PlayBook which is in almost 1 million users hands??? Like wtf skype get a grip of your **bleep**! Back when you was a new company you also wanted people to join your services - its because of us customers you are still existing! Now we demand SKYPE FOR PLAYBOOK!!!

Message 18 of 426 (6,175 Views)
Novel Adventurer
We should get a facebook petition going. I too am a blackberry bold 9900 user and a playbook user. With that said, I pay a hefty price to have unlimited calling to Canada and United States. Plus Video Calling. Only thing is I can't use the service because I'm not home enough to sit and chat with my family. If Skype does not get a native app for the playbook and my blackberry Then They will loose me as a customer. Why should I pay for something I can't use?? Maybe Playbook Video Chat can get an upgrade to migrate non playbook users who use a video chat app access. But this has been a problem for years. I don't know why?
Message 19 of 426 (6,153 Views)
Casual Adventurer

skypeuser84 wrote:
We should get a facebook petition going. I too am a blackberry bold 9900 user and a playbook user. With that said, I pay a hefty price to have unlimited calling to Canada and United States. Plus Video Calling. Only thing is I can't use the service because I'm not home enough to sit and chat with my family. If Skype does not get a native app for the playbook and my blackberry Then They will loose me as a customer. Why should I pay for something I can't use?? Maybe Playbook Video Chat can get an upgrade to migrate non playbook users who use a video chat app access. But this has been a problem for years. I don't know why?

I agree with you either a native app by skype or skype needs to contact BlackBerry and some how manage to have BlackBerry's Video Chat work with Skype Users! That would be the only solution!

Message 20 of 426 (6,061 Views)