By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Version 1.10 not compatible for Nokia E5-00

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

I had purchased Nokia E5-00 yesterday and tried to install skype from skype.com/m. But during installation, I got message everytime that my phone is not compatible for this application. I had checked on website, Nokia E5 is in the list of compatible sets. Can anyone help me in this regard. Please email the details to nauman976@gmail.com.

Thanks

Nauman Shahid

Pakistan

Message 1 of 13 (12,716 Views)
12 Replies
Novel Adventurer
I have same problem. I also need help for this purpose. I have another problem like u Nauman that they said skype is already installed but skype is not present in e5.
Message 2 of 13 (12,685 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Message 3 of 13 (12,684 Views)
Novel Adventurer
my problem resolved. Just go to this address.

blogs.skype.com/garage/2010/12/skype_15_for_symbian.html

then click Symbian S60 non-touchscreen on that page. Download application and install. Its works on e5. If need any further help u can mail me. Regards
Message 4 of 13 (12,682 Views)
Novel Tourist

I already downloaded the Nokia e5 non touch screen compatible skype for mobile (as you instructed) but the problem is that my cell phone won't accept it, since I previously installed the non compatible version of skype (I was unaware that it wasn't compatible).

Do you have any solution for this. Thank you so much.

John

Message 5 of 13 (12,516 Views)
Novel Tourist

Can you unistall the version you already downloaded? Try clicking ''menu,'' ''office,'' ''file manager,'' and then chose ''downloads'' from either your phone memory or your memory card and then delete the old version. I had also downloaded that version and ran into the same error, but now I will try to download the updated verison... hope this helps

Message 6 of 13 (12,458 Views)
Novel Tourist

I had tried downloading as u said and it was installing also but in that process it says update error can you please suggest a way to install it 

Thank you

Message 7 of 13 (11,069 Views)
Novel Tourist

dude you can downlode from nokia store, it is compatible...

Message 8 of 13 (10,640 Views)
Novel Tourist
my mobile e5 i couldnt install skype please help
Message 9 of 13 (5,451 Views)
Experienced Adventurer

http://spaces.ru/files/?Gs=1&link_id=53630332925&search=1&slist=5&word=skype.jar

__________________________________________________________________________________________
MAKE FREE Skype CALLS WITH NOKIA C3-01 TOUCH AND TYPE, X3-02 ,ASHA 302, 303, 311 AND MANY OTHER MODELS :
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Cseries/C3-01-VoIP-apps/m-p/1409497#M35157
DEMO VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGh1lZaoPBM
Message 10 of 13 (5,411 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 25 kudos
  • 9 in conversation