By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Messaging and SMS on PS Vita

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Will there be messaging on the PS Vita? I can't find any way to send text or chat messages in the PS Vita application.

Message 1 of 38 (22,917 Views)
37 Replies
Novel Adventurer
Wondering the same thing
Message 2 of 38 (22,914 Views)
Novel Tourist
Me too... It's a really great app, but is seriously crippled without IM features...
Message 3 of 38 (22,874 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I agree. I had a friend send me several messages, (while he and I were on the non-skype phone, but while I was using the Skype App on PS Vita) but no text notification, or way to respond ever came up.

Message 4 of 38 (22,857 Views)
Novel Tourist

I hope Skype will answer this soon as the IM is one of the main parts of Skype next to it's calls. If they don't add the messaging part the only upgrade on the PSP version is video call and still not a complete Skype product.

Message 5 of 38 (22,739 Views)
Casual Adventurer

yeah chat option would be awesome!!!

Message 6 of 38 (22,683 Views)
Casual Tourist

APP is great.

Give us the chat IM and i will buy premium for one year. promised.

Message 7 of 38 (22,617 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Yeah this definitely needs to be avalible on the Vita. I would like to see on the features that are available on the Andriod Skype App on the Vita one in fact.

Message 8 of 38 (22,435 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I'm newly deaf so i need text not just video and sound which is useless to me if i dont know whats going on since i dont know sign language yet nor do many of the people i know. Was looking forward to talkin with my family and friends on the go with my vita through skype only to be utterly dissapointed by lack of text

Message 9 of 38 (22,419 Views)
Novel Tourist

Yes, please update skype on the Vita to be able to send instant messages.. For some of my friends I want to chat to on the go, they don't have a microphone or webcam.. or sometimes I want to leave an offline message but I can't if I can only do calls..

also, it'd be nice if a PC user (connecting to me through my Vita on video call) were able to share their computer screen onto my Vita.. I hope that'll be possible. 

Message 10 of 38 (22,374 Views)
Discussion Stats