By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype For BlackBerry Playbook

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Tourist

Can You Guys Make An Skype App For The BlackBerry Playbook  ?

Marioman891

Message 1 of 8 (18,751 Views)
7 Replies
Novel Adventurer

Have youfound out how to download Skype on bb playbook? If you knowplease share.

Message 2 of 8 (18,672 Views)

Hi,

There isn't a Skype for BlackBerry PlayBook app. 

We are not alone - this is a popular topic on this particular message board!

You could research "work-around" options on the internet; I haven't succeeded in getting it/them to work.

- Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 3 of 8 (18,661 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I am really surprised tohear that Skype hasn't addressed this issue. I sent this question toskpe support and they came back suggesting that I update my Skype. This doesn't make sense because I cannot download the program without choosing whether it's is for windows or for some other system...probably an automatic response by a robot!

Message 4 of 8 (18,646 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I'm so ready for Skype to be on the playbook geez

Message 5 of 8 (18,439 Views)
Novel Tourist

has anyone had any sort of responce about the playbook issue do they not realise what they are missing by not letting it be used on playbooks

Message 6 of 8 (18,408 Views)
Routine Adventurer

Can I suggest that this thread be relocated into the main "Skype for BlackBerry PlayBook" thread which is 27 pages long at the following link:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Other-devices/Skype-for-BlackBerry-PlayBook/m-p/1275614#M6037

The request is just for consolidation of our grievences into one discussion for Skype to take notice of.

Thanks in advance for your consideration of my request.

Message 7 of 8 (15,433 Views)

Hi, David_Breslin,

Excellent idea: the other thread is really the go-to thread on the subject.  Thank you for including the link to it and for bringing this housekeeping need to the fore.

Transferring this thread will result in the earlier posts, which appear here, being added to the end of the primary thread.  In other words, the posts will not integrate in date order.  Even if they did, the inter-mingled conversation lines may not read cohesively.  So, the best solution is to close this one in favor of the other.

See you over there!

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 8 of 8 (15,401 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 36 kudos
  • 6 in conversation