By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How to install Skype on N78?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hi,

I am trying to get Skype installed to my wifes N78, when trying the OTA download from Skype.com, "and let Skype do the magic" appears to be somewhat of an overstatement.

I do get an sms with the url (not a push sms). It is not possible to access the url in any other way than re-writing it to browser, which notes that it downloads the file to "Gallery". The installation file however can not be found through gallery, nor file manager, nor does it start installation automatically as in my 5800. Ok, the phone isn't the latest, but it is listed as supported.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5 (3,523 Views)
4 Replies
Experienced Adventurer

Use the following URL to obtain the correct version of Skype for your N78.  Note: remove the space after "www." so that it's a valid URL. You can download it to your computer and transfer it to your phone, or you can download it directly using the phone's web browser.  If you do the latter, it should offer to open and install Skype for you.

http://www. skype.com/go/getskype-symbian-s60-3

Message 2 of 5 (3,521 Views)
Novel Adventurer

As I mentioned, I opened the link in the phone browser, itt didn't offer to open the file, nor did it tell where it downloaded it. Help (and improvement to the **bleep**ty procedure) would really be appreciated as I don't have a cable.

Message 3 of 5 (3,505 Views)
Experienced Adventurer

See the topic on this forum titled:

***See Here: Alternate method for obtaining Skype***

Message 4 of 5 (3,499 Views)
Novel Tourist
+966549163615
Message 5 of 5 (3,091 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation