By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Can I install Skype on Nintendo Wii?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I just bought a Nintendo Wii, and was wondering if Skype can be installed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 9 (39,899 Views)
8 Replies
Casual Tourist

Currently, the Nintendo wii does not support skype. The only third-party app wii supports is Netflix. On the upside...well sort of a downside now that you've bought the wii... is that Nintendo is supposedly coming out with the Wii U (sometime in 2012) which will have video capabilities and may also be compatible with skype. Hopefully the rumors are true and they'll find a way to make skype compatible with the 'old' wii as well! :cathappy:

Hope I helped, have a wonderful day! :]

Message 2 of 9 (39,816 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hello, OwlEyedHeart or anyone

I just want to check if right now it is still the same situations with wii and Skype. Can I install Skype on my Nintendo Will?

thank you for your time

jesus

Message 3 of 9 (33,684 Views)
Novel Tourist
skype is not compatible with the wii u but it should update soon
Message 4 of 9 (28,479 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Thank you cuteboots01.

Hey by the way, when do you estimate that it could happen?
Message 5 of 9 (28,476 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I bought the Wii U ! and its camera in the controler and im pretty sure I saw in a will commercial a girl skyping! If anyone know how please tell me! All of my USB ports are shot but my cable box, blue ray player and tv all have usb ports I wish i could hook um my camera that way! Any help I would love! thanks jmflannagan12
Message 6 of 9 (28,243 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I run netflicks through my wii u and blue ray player how can i connect my camera and make it work thanks jmflannagan12
Message 7 of 9 (28,243 Views)
Novel Tourist
heloooo
Message 8 of 9 (8,346 Views)
Novel Adventurer
great
Message 9 of 9 (6,900 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 18 kudos
  • 7 in conversation