By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Blackberry curve 8520

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist
Message 11 of 18 (1,649 Views)
Novel Tourist
I want to dawnload skpe
Message 12 of 18 (1,603 Views)
Novel Tourist

send me your number i will tell u

Message 13 of 18 (1,540 Views)
Novel Tourist
But we have other apps that can be used as skype contacts, I checked iskot b4 but it was old, incase someone finds it pls kindly help all of us. Tnx
Message 14 of 18 (1,427 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Skype does not support for your model.
Message 15 of 18 (1,422 Views)
Novel Tourist

I do not believe that this is the reason. I have an Huawei Ascend Y100 (no front camera) that Skype works perfectly on. Cost me AUD$29.

I think the problem with the 8520 is it is just an unsupported model.

Message 16 of 18 (1,071 Views)
Casual Tourist
I don't know this, but this is my first time.
Message 17 of 18 (1,059 Views)

For those of you who have not seen what I am adding to all threads related to BlackBerries running OS 6 or 7 ...

Dear Readers,

One of my correspondents reminded me there was a time we were anticipating being able to use Skype on our older BlackBerries.  Skype has not made any recent announcements about plans to release versions of the Skype app for older BlackBerry OS devices - that includes OS 6 and 7.  Skype Lite, upon which we were able to use Skype, was decommissioned in January 2013:

Skype is now available on the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 running at minimum the 10.1 OS.

Best regards,

Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 18 of 18 (1,044 Views)
Discussion Stats