By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530 how  to download skype 

Message 1 of 7 (2,690 Views)
6 Replies
Novel Adventurer

I downloaded it using opera mini (m.opera.com).

Unfortunately, I cannot use it, though.  It gives an error message (error starting skype lite class net.rim.device.api.ui.scrollview not found).  I hope you have better luck with this than I did.

Message 2 of 7 (2,658 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Free download skype blavkberry 8520
Message 3 of 7 (2,587 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I have the same problem with the message: net.rim.device.api.ui.scrollview. I'd be greatful of any help! Many thanks!

Message 4 of 7 (1,623 Views)
Novel Tourist

anyone know why blackberry 8530 does not support the skype application? I tried downloading it, and says that skype is not supported for this model.

Message 5 of 7 (964 Views)
Novel Adventurer

:/ on BBOS Skype i hugh mistake. It`s doesn`t work.

Message 6 of 7 (941 Views)

Dear Readers,

Skype has not made any recent announcements about plans to release versions of the Skype app for older BlackBerry OS devices - that includes OS 6 and 7. Skype Lite, upon which we were able to use Skype, was decommissioned in January 2013: https://support.skype.com/en/category/SKYPE_LITE/

Skype is now available on the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 running at minimum the 10.1 OS.

Best regards,
Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 7 of 7 (911 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation