By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

BB 9900 - Skype can only be used with a Telkomsel SIM?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I just dl skype app for my BB, but I cannot access.

It reports that I can only use with a Telkomsel SIM.

Anyone has an idea how to solve this problem?

Cheers, VP

Message 1 of 15 (8,216 Views)
14 Replies
Casual Tourist

I have exact the same problem with my BB9900.. dont understand what a Telkomsel SIM would be.. is this service only allowed with a specific provider? or does it mean a specific additional service with your current sim?

Looking forward to the solution.

(I was also able to see that the BB9900 was not in the supported devices list.. but I was able to install anyway.. Guess maybe this is the reason?)

Message 2 of 15 (8,138 Views)
Casual Tourist
I can see that these 2 inquiries were never answered. How do we talk to Skype about this issue
Message 3 of 15 (7,616 Views)
Routine Adventurer

You may try to follow this link from your BB9930

http://mobile.vzw.com/download/Bourbon/BB9930/Skype_mo​bile.jad

It works for me

Good Lucks

Message 4 of 15 (7,269 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Did we ever get a solution for this problem?
Message 5 of 15 (6,715 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Did not work for my BB9900. Do you have any other solutions?

Message 6 of 15 (6,713 Views)
Novel Tourist

i have the same problem on my blackberry 9900---

Message 7 of 15 (6,513 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have the same problem with a BB9650 from Verizon. I am searched the verizon site - no help there either. I wish either Skype or Verizon would figure out what the problem is.  

Message 8 of 15 (6,338 Views)
Novel Tourist
I have galaxy s2 hand set.when i am opening skype,result is cim telkomsel.what is the solution
Message 9 of 15 (4,301 Views)
Novel Tourist

getting the same problem.  I see that Skype hasn't resolved this yet... what i don't understand is that I actually had Skype on my BB about a year ago and it worked fine...  seems like the produce has gotten worse over time...

Message 10 of 15 (4,255 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 14 in conversation