By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

The Skype Community is moving on May 23rd, 2017

Community Manager

We will be moving the Skype Community to the Microsoft Community from May 23rd, 2017, alongside our existing boards for Skype Preview on Android and the Skype Insider boards.

Since its inception the Skype Community has been a community of Skype fans lead by Skype fans. We're fortunate to have some dedicated volunteers on the community who have helped many of you when you have got stuck, and in return you have shared with us some of the amazing stories of how Skype brings you closer to the important people in your lives.

Skype is undergoing some major changes, and we recognize that this has introduced some new challenges for our customers. The move to Microsoft Community will bring Skype customer support staff into the community for the first time - helping you get answers to your questions quickly.

We also want to strengthen the relationship between our customers and our developers. Joining the Microsoft Community will allow us to deliver your insights and feedback directly to our engineering teams.

We would like to thank you for all your contributions over the years and I look forward to welcoming you to our new community on May 23rd, 2017. You can sign up now here.

Allen

Skype Community Manager

• Community
  • Move
10 Comments
Casual Tourist

Why must MS make everything so difficult ? How do i remove facebook contacts in win10 with current Skype app for desktop ? 

Routine Adventurer

I suggest more granularity there. A "Skype Windows," for example. Perhaps this is in progress.

Novel Tourist

What is this all about?

Casual Adventurer

will that mean someone will actually look at the forums.
the last update from skype on xbox totally broke and can get no support anywhere
check the forums, everyone is having issues and not a single response from MS (well one, try turning it off and on , gee thanks Roy from itcrowd)

Tourist

How do I cancelled the community from sky

Community Manager

@rseiler1

Thanks for the suggestion, we will publish the full boards tomorrow when we move. The purpose of this blog is to give everyone a heads up that we are moving.

Tomorrow when the new board structure is published this community will be marked read-only and we will put an announcement at the top of the board. 

Novel Tourist
all community
Reliable Tourist

Just to let somebody know . Skype is now well and truly £&&£%£% -up. I've just been using it (Skype), but now Skype is telling me it's not available for this device yet.

If it's not broke don't fix it, should have been a warning there.

I personally do not want all my accounts collected together, it makes for an unsecure personal network and too easy to hack.

I think myself and family have just said goodbye to Skype, so goodbye all.

Casual Tourist

I checked in here for the first time yesterday to find some answers, was about to post one today and there you go!  

Novel Tourist

how can i close my skype accound without having any problem on my microssoft accound?

I think that I have more than one accound on skype. How can I find them , in order to erase them?