By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Launching the Skype Insider Program

Community Manager

Join Us!

We are looking for enthusiastic community members who are interested in providing feedback to shape and enhance the Skype experience!

What's involved?

As a Skype Insider you can become part of the Skype journey. We are working hard to improve the way you communicate with those who mean most. Whether it’s a group video call, 1-1 audio call or just sending the latest Moji, we are focusing on improving the ease of use and reliability of Skype, but we need your help.

As a Skype Insider, you can help us shape your Skype experiences as:

• You will have early access to Skype software and services updates and improvements.
  • You will be able to give early feedback on these improvements and as well as help us iron out any quirks before we release them broadly.
  • On top of that you will be able to submit your suggestions on what you would like to see in the Skype app in the future

Think you are up to the challenge of helping shape the future of Skype? If so, please sign up online at the Skype Insider Registration Form. You can install it alongside your current version of Skype.

Please read the Skype Insider Program Terms. By signing up to the program and installing the Skype Insider application, you confirm that you agree to the Skype Insider Program Terms.

Please remember while we're really excited to share with the folk who sign up, we don't want to spill the beans to anyone outside of this program and so please keep it a secret!

We can't wait to share with you what we are working on!

Love,
The Skype Team

66 Comments

I have signed up, but didn't download the link - how can I get back there?

Tourist

Here is the download link: xxxx

Edit: removed the link, if you need the Link please PM Allen using the Link above

Tourist

Gonna test it out, do we get an special insider area to discuss?

Routine Adventurer

Hi, I signed up and didn't click the link to the Insider community. How do I get to it?

Novel Adventurer

Maybe I am ignorant or have missed the debate but I cannot understand why so many apps exist doing more or less the same. For instance we now have Skype and Skype preview and Skype for business. Why not just one Skype app where one can login with all user accounts like One drive where I can link all my accounts in one app.

Veteran Adventurer

And where do we provide the above-mentioned feedback?

I hope Skype really is serious about taking feedback this time, because there are some issues around here that go ignored year after year (some being bugs, like the profile picture blurriness issue).

If it's just going to be more of the same, then there's no point.

Routine Adventurer

You post it in the private Skype Insider forum. 

Casual Tourist

Just signed up, downloaded client, but after try login, i get error... how to fix this? or need wait some days? Thank You!.

Casual Tourist

Yes! got into Skype Insider and Downloaded it on my Windows 10 Lenovo Thinkpad.

Novel Adventurer

I love it.  Skype crashes upon loading on the first build.  :P

Community Manager

BeefyDragon,

Can you post in the Skype Insider community forum and tell us a bit more about this crash please? if you don't have the link to the community then please let me know and I will send it to you .

Reliable Adventurer

Will it be available for linux also?

Novel Tourist

It crashes on a login screen, no way to run it.

Tourist

Skype worked well on ubuntu 14.04  but the best I have achieved on 16.04 32bit is MeetFranz Messenger  which is not the BETA version It does attract Trogans or https://web.skype.com now offer the plugin for audio and video.I am tething my phone for the connection which  has the app. They work well together I cant get Skype for linux alpha to install and read somewhere that there is only 64bit support

Tourist

Despite much feedback on the Windows 10/Mobile insider programme that the Preview app has terrible contact handling and is frustrating to attempt to use as a replacement for the Phone app (when you want to use Skype credit for instance), it is still terrible. So for anyone hoping to influence the other platforms - good luck.

Tourist

Hi Skype team, I cannot access the registration form because it redirects to http://skype.daesung.com/eng/main.asp in South Korea. Can you please fix this problem?

Casual Tourist

Waarom geen Nederlands?..

I signed up for the Android insiders build yesterday but didn't receive any email yet.

Tourist
I'm in.
Routine Adventurer

I signed up for the Skype Insiders Program earlier today and I can't wait for the hype!

I've entered my Apple ID (Mac) and my Google Account (Android) and nothing has happened so far...

Will I be emailed a link to download Beta Versions or will they be pushed to my via. OTA?

I also haven't been invited to the Skype Insiders Community Forum, but it hasn't been 24 hours like the website said so that would be expected.

Casual Tourist

i am a skype insider..for windows 10 mobile...bt where is the download link for skype insider app.?

Tourist

How can i participate of this, and download it too? 

Community Manager

@Tasrifsirazee - The Skype for Windows Mobile preview app is downloaded with the Windows updates you get via Windows Insider, as such it does not have a link for you to download it from. If you want the latest of this then visit insider.windows.com or use the insider app on your windows phone and make sure you are getting builds from the fast workstream.

@DayvisonWill See the links in the OP they tell you how to register. 

Casual Tourist

I'm very excited to be part of skype beta public program

thanks

Novel Adventurer

I registered on Tuesday and still don't have access to the Insider forums. Also, my iOS TestFlight invitation email has no content in the message body.

Reliable Voyager

Good

Thank you

Reliable Tourist

Great I really like the new Skype... Thank You

Novel Voyager

When I am in videochat, how can I get that little screen so I don't have be in Skype if I want to see person who I'm talking to?

Reliable Tourist

I'm love new Skype.. Thank you

Veteran Adventurer

That's nice, but it's exactly the same as the "old" Skype!  7.30 was even made available to everyone last Wednesday.

Tourist

error containing page have error ,go back.. in skype application

how long it will take  to solve....???

Tourist

Is there any other procedure to follow to take part as insider ? 

Thanks

Community Manager

@CF41

Nope just complete the registration and join the appropriate groups shown on the last page. If you have missed this last step let me know and I will see what I can do to fix it for you, although you can simply fill the form out again.

Thanks

Tourist

hello all, 

i cant make any call, when i call someone it says call ended and blocked. Could you please help me about that. 

Novel Tourist

Hello, testers!

That is my opinion down:

Through Insider Skype can´t make calls with no credits allowed by Office 365 for Students subscription (Russia), that I know include 30 minutes each month to landlines. A call breaks up at the beginning: 0:00
No information in tray if Skype is running, but very effective notifications about new messages in right bottom corner on a gray font, as any other notification in Windows 10.

Happy with the integrated design to any Windows apps as in Store.

Cheers,

Ale

Tourist

Are there any announcements regarding upcoming futures and builds schedule?

Tourist

Hello,
as of today Friday 11/25/2016 skype connection indicates I am Offline while I am talking to my friend in France ( I am located in NYC), and when I try to send a picture to my friend he never receives it, though we've been doing that in previous versions.

Tourist

@klm314 

Try to reinstall the skype

Tourist

I am very disappointed with Microsoft Skype team they don't want to listen to the customer I have been Skype customer for last 10 year 

Tourist

I don't see any action. What is the main purpose for all this... I was expecting to be involve in testing and providing a feedback...  

Community Manager

@DioNYc I see you applied for Windows and Android build, both of which you get the download link on the "Registration successful" page. Have you downloaded the builds and tried them out?

Have you found any bugs?

Tourist

@Allen-S  Yes, I got both versions and using them on daily bases. No issues with basic usage.

Let me know if any particular area I should focus more. 

Tourist

that was my first time that I needet the help I could not get the sound they here me but i could hear them but i am prowed for 82 year old men that fix that my self

Novel Tourist

I use both Skype and Magicjack, however when i plug in magicjack, skype does not work . this is a new computer However this arrangement worked on the previous computer

Reliable Tourist

KODEL AS [Removed for privacy] NEGALIU PRISIJUNKTI PRIE NAUJOSIOS SKYPE VERSIJOS?

I was going to sign up but I chose the wrong option when asked if I wanted to sign up with my Skype name or use My Microsoft account. I chose to sign up with my Microsoft account. When I got to the registration form the field for Skype name, E-mail or phone number was prefilled with the email address of a Skype account I do not use and have no interest in using. I tried to change it but couldn't. No idea why my Microsoft account is associated with that Skype account by default. I aborted my attempt to register for the Skype Insider Program and tried to go back and change my choice. That didn't work either so I decided to leave this comment instead. I still had to sign in to do it and I was signed in using that incorrect Skype address so this may be the only comment I ever leave here. I do not feel inclined to go to the trouble of trying to change the password for that account if I never intend to use it. I only came to the Skype Community to try and find out if there is a way to change the IM font size in Skype preview. No luck there so far either. Seems to me there are huge problems with Skype and Microsoft accounts when it comes to accessing these account and changing passwords. I was locked out of my regular Skype account for months because the instructions given to change the password where misleading and unclear. I have three Skype accounts but I only use one. It would be nice if someone could disassociate or delete the two unnecessary Skype accounts from my Microsoft account but I am **bleep** scared to call Microsoft support incase I get the run around by natives of Bombay or somewhere.

Community Manager

Doktorwirefly,

Thank you for your comment, Its probably worth noting that the Microsoft Account / skype name that is pre-filled at registration is not used for anything other than to allow me to tie together forum accounts to insider registrations. In terms of sorting out the wrong linking of Skype accounts I am afraid we do not currently have a way to unlink accounts, although I understand your pain in this area and I know the team are looking into steps to resolve this.

Unfortunately, for security reasons, I am not able to take registrations via the forum and you have to use the Registration form. If using this incorrectly linked Microsoft Account is not a viable option for you and your still interested please send me a PM and I will see what I can sort out to get you started.

Tourist

hi i'm new can i have a friend

Casual Tourist

Is there a guide that explains how I can shown .jpgs to someone who I am speaking to?

Tourist

I DON´T TRUST SKYPE, THEY HAVE STOLEN ME MORE THAN $ 19,00  IT  WON´T SHOW ANY BALANCE, ON MY ACCOUNTS THEY KEEP ASKING FOR MORE MONEY , I CAN´T USE SKYPE, TOTALLY DISSAPPOINTED. CREDITED MY ACCOUNT , CHARGED MY VISACARD ,I DON´T KNOW WHERE MY MONEY WENT,

[e-mail removed for privacy and security]  if somebody can help. (they don´t have any mail addres to complaints)