By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

My Skype profile picture is too blurry!

Veteran Adventurer

What size (pixels in length and width) is your pic?  There might have been a particular size where it wouldn't shrink it and add the border, but all these years later I'll never recall what it is.

Message 41 of 91 (23,705 Views)
Casual Adventurer

The size is 1600 X 1200 Pixels

Message 42 of 91 (23,691 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I think the size of a skype avatar should be 480x480. At least that's how it worked for me.

And no, I don't have any borders or quality issues.

Message 43 of 91 (23,680 Views)
Veteran Adventurer

Neither of those dimensions worked for me -- **when the picture is viewed in the current version **. They look fine in the old version.

It's not a big deal -- I'll just settle for the blurred one.

Message 44 of 91 (23,659 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Inclined to aggree.  The picture is so small (approx 12mm square) that you can't really see what is going on anyway.

Message 45 of 91 (23,639 Views)
Novel Tourist

I still have this issue even with the latest updated skype client for WIndows 7. Can we expect a fix anytime soon?

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>
Message 46 of 91 (23,521 Views)
Novel Adventurer

My is too, could it be a camera quality issue?

Message 47 of 91 (23,319 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Just finished my first skype call and the picture wasn't impressive, I was too blurry the person on the other line too dark. What could it be?

Message 48 of 91 (23,319 Views)
Veteran Adventurer

Video quality -- that's a different issue for a different thread.

This one is just about the trivial profile picture, which is a silly Skype bug that crept in a couple years ago.

Message 49 of 91 (23,313 Views)
Novel Adventurer

My picture fits and it is still pixelated when my friends look at it.

Message 50 of 91 (23,221 Views)