By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

My Skype profile picture is too blurry!

Veteran Adventurer

What size (pixels in length and width) is your pic?  There might have been a particular size where it wouldn't shrink it and add the border, but all these years later I'll never recall what it is.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 41 of 103
Casual Adventurer

The size is 1600 X 1200 Pixels

Flag for a Moderator
Message 42 of 103
Casual Adventurer

I think the size of a skype avatar should be 480x480. At least that's how it worked for me.

And no, I don't have any borders or quality issues.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 43 of 103
Veteran Adventurer

Neither of those dimensions worked for me -- **when the picture is viewed in the current version **. They look fine in the old version.

It's not a big deal -- I'll just settle for the blurred one.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 44 of 103
Casual Adventurer

Inclined to aggree.  The picture is so small (approx 12mm square) that you can't really see what is going on anyway.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 45 of 103
Novel Tourist

I still have this issue even with the latest updated skype client for WIndows 7. Can we expect a fix anytime soon?

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>
Flag for a Moderator
Message 46 of 103
Novel Adventurer

My is too, could it be a camera quality issue?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 47 of 103
Novel Adventurer

Just finished my first skype call and the picture wasn't impressive, I was too blurry the person on the other line too dark. What could it be?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 48 of 103
Veteran Adventurer

Video quality -- that's a different issue for a different thread.

This one is just about the trivial profile picture, which is a silly Skype bug that crept in a couple years ago.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 49 of 103
Novel Adventurer

My picture fits and it is still pixelated when my friends look at it.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 50 of 103