By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

My Skype profile picture is too blurry!

Novel Adventurer

Where do you get Skype 5.0 portable?

Message 21 of 92 (18,982 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Message 22 of 92 (18,968 Views)
Novel Tourist

This solution worked like a charm. Thank you so much!! I was this close to getting seriously upset when looking at those blurry pics.

Thanks a lot!

MaaQ wrote:

With Windows 8, Don't use Skype DESKTOP app to upload image. Use skype live tile app to upload image. Just click little own picture and the click own profile big blurry own picture and choose new picture size 480 x 480. Then skype internet profile picture and skype windows 8 app picture is sharp. Also windows phone app profile picture sharpened this way.

Windows 7 user is no can do. Loan some friend windows 8 machine .

Sorry my bad english

Message 23 of 92 (18,652 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I concur - this works really well but it is important to use skype portable version 5. Any later version and for some reason it does not work. Well done skype and/or microsoft for this real epic fail!!

Jay_Skype wrote:

This solution worked like a charm. Thank you so much!! I was this close to getting seriously upset when looking at those blurry pics.

Thanks a lot!

MaaQ wrote:

With Windows 8, Don't use Skype DESKTOP app to upload image. Use skype live tile app to upload image. Just click little own picture and the click own profile big blurry own picture and choose new picture size 480 x 480. Then skype internet profile picture and skype windows 8 app picture is sharp. Also windows phone app profile picture sharpened this way.

Windows 7 user is no can do. Loan some friend windows 8 machine .

Sorry my bad english

Message 24 of 92 (18,623 Views)

Tested Windows 7
Resize the photo 480x480 pixels save it with the file format .png
Rename it with "My picture 1"
Press the WIN button and type %appdata% then Roaming then log into Skype folder
in the Pictures folder, delete all fotos and save new photo
Then the standard way in Skype to replace your picture.....

Message 25 of 92 (18,376 Views)
Novel Tourist

Now i have tried it all!! It won't work, what am i doing wrong? I'm resizing, cropping, adding to PNG! IT WONT WORK!! Its just so frustrating!

Message 26 of 92 (17,888 Views)
Casual Tourist

I have a Mac. I have solved this problem.

Just have made my profile picture 215x215 and 15kb in JPG, using Photoshop. And it works!

Message 27 of 92 (17,697 Views)
Casual Tourist

This works! Just deleting all pictures and putting my new picture worked like charm. No need to select it again

Message 28 of 92 (17,580 Views)
Novel Tourist

Typhox wrote:

On Windows 7,

exit skype,

download and start Skype 5.0 portable,

change your picture,

exit skype 5,

start your normal skype.

Worked like a charm.
Thank you SO much.
<3

Message 29 of 92 (17,507 Views)
Casual Adventurer

This is the only thing that worked! Thanks!

Also -

Everytime I click "browse" to change my picture (on either regular or portable skype), it automatically opens up my laptop webcam application and it's extremely irritating.

Anyone know how to turn this off?

Message 30 of 92 (17,269 Views)