By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

install problem with skype for desktop windows 8

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Help please!

I have downloaded the desktop version for windows 8. Here's what happens:

1. pop-up window asks to run SkypeSetupFull

2. I clicked: Yes

3. pop-up window asks if SkypeSetupFull is allowed to make changes to my computer

4. I clicked: Yes

5. Nothing happens...

The application can't be found and it doesn't launch for me to sign in. I only have the skype on the start up page which isn't what I need. I need to have it on my desktop for group video skyping.

Thanks!

Tabby

Message 1 of 6 (2,509 Views)
5 Replies
Super Aviator

Do you have any security software installed on the computer?

Please try to install with this MSI installer
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 6 (2,507 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I already cleared the firewall settings.

I just clicked on the MSI installer and clicked run; now is says: 0% of SkypeSetup.msi downloaded...Pause...Cancel...View downloads

I guess it's downloading...I'll let you know what happens.

Thank you for such a quick reply!

Message 3 of 6 (2,501 Views)
Novel Tourist

Hello. I am having a problem installing skype desktop. I download it just fine, open it and try to install and it says that the system admin has set policies to pervent this installation. I am the admin for my computer.. If you could just tell me what to do to fix it.

Thank you,

Veenus. 

Message 4 of 6 (2,312 Views)
Super Aviator

Veenus,

Do you have COMODO Programs Manager installed on the PC?

Try Below:

Press WinKey + R to open the Run window

WinKey (the button is located between the left Ctrl and Alt with the Windows logo)

Type: secpol.msc /s and press Enter

In Software Restriction Policies >> In the right pane, double click on the Enforcement >> Select "All users except local administrators". >> Ok >> restart the computer

If no software policies defined, right click >> create "New software restriction policies".

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 5 of 6 (2,299 Views)
Novel Tourist

thanks man!! it worked!!

Message 6 of 6 (1,854 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation