By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

how to change my skype display name for windows 8

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hi, I would want to change  my skype display name because everyone else has a very cool name and my name is the most boring. So could someone tell me how to change it, please?????....

Message 1 of 4 (17,784 Views)
3 Replies
Super Aviator

Unfortunately, it is not possible within modern version of Skype.

You can install Skype desktop client and change your display name.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi

In the menubar, Click View >> Profile >> Click your name >> Type the display name >> Enter.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 4 (17,771 Views)
Novel Tourist

Why are a lot of things not supported yet on the modern version of skype? Skype is long enough to have these issues solved. 

Casual Tourist

Ok

Message 4 of 4 (8,975 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 4 in conversation