By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

change the avatar with windows 8

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I would like to change my avatar in Skype, since I'm a with Windows I am unable to do so.  The option isn't there

Message 1 of 6 (3,948 Views)
5 Replies
Novel Adventurer

Voici ma question en français, je désire changer mon avatar, mais depuis que je suis sur Windows 8, je n'ai plus cette option. Je ne peux aller dans outil et lorsque je clique sur mon profil je vois la photo mais je ne peux y accéder.

Message 2 of 6 (3,947 Views)
Super Aviator

Run Skype. Highlight your Profile picture.

Click again on your picture.

Now Browse and Select the new picture, then Click Open.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 3 of 6 (3,930 Views)
Novel Tourist

Thank you Tamin.

I had the same issue with my Avatar. It's now corrected.

Message 4 of 6 (3,574 Views)
Novel Tourist

Where can I see the avatars I have used in the past? I would like to put my previous one back again but I cannot find the list of pictures used.

the avatars I refer to are not stored in any drive or email, but I used to upload them within skype in the previous versions of the program.

Message 5 of 6 (1,305 Views)
Novel Tourist

Thank you!

It worked for me on my Toshiba Satellite notebook computer with Windows 8.1 O/S.

Message 6 of 6 (1,220 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation