By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

adding to an call in Windows 8

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hi,

I was wondering if there was anyway to add someone to an existing call in Windows 8 (from the App Store client), without dropping your current call and creating a brand new call?

Thanks,

Matt

Message 1 of 17 (16,800 Views)
16 Replies
Super Aviator

Are you referring to group calls?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 17 (16,795 Views)
Novel Adventurer

right I have a group (or an individual call I guess) and would like to add a second/third/forth/additional person into the call.  with the classic client (Windows 7) I could select the contact and click the add to call button.  But it seems that in the windows 8 version if I click on a contact it will try and place a new call.  If I click on the + sign it will try and start a brand new conference call.

Thanks,

Matt

Message 3 of 17 (16,788 Views)
Super Aviator

Unfortunately, you can’t group contacts in modern version of Skype. This feature is not available.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 4 of 17 (16,786 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Is it coming?  Having the ability to bring in people to a ongoing call is pretty important, especially for buisness purposes.

Matt

Message 5 of 17 (16,782 Views)
Super Aviator

Sorry, I have no !dea.

Regards,
Tamim

Message 6 of 17 (16,780 Views)
Novel Adventurer

So Microsoft has taken a step backwards again? Is windows 8 just gonna be the new Windows vista?

Message 7 of 17 (16,494 Views)
Super Aviator

For group contacts you can try to install Skype desktop client

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi

How do I get the desktop version of Skype on Windows 8?

Regards,
Tamim

Message 8 of 17 (16,481 Views)
Novel Adventurer

No, it's just a matter of it seams everytime Microsoft does something they take a step backwards before they go foward, it just gets frustrating

Message 9 of 17 (16,471 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I agree, this is really important feature.
Message 10 of 17 (16,145 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 10 in conversation