By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

adding contacts on windows 8

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

I have followed the advice from the Skype website on how to add a contact in windows 8 by right clicking on the page then selecting the + contact symbol. There is meant to be an options menu that then pops up but all that happens is the computer search sidebar comes up. What I am i doing wrong?

Message 1 of 5 (5,232 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Aviator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by mog11
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Type your contacts name in the search bar.

Select the contact then Click add to contacts.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5 (5,298 Views)
4 Replies
Super Aviator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by mog11
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Type your contacts name in the search bar.

Select the contact then Click add to contacts.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 5 (5,299 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hi Tamim, it looks like you know what you are talking about here y):

my problem is that I have contacts but cannot see any of them!!!  I can see my profile picture etc but where are my contacts gone, also I cannot see a way of adding them the option is just not there I am stuck on the page that tells you all about there calling charges, it's windows 8 if you have a solution I would really like it please :happy:

Message 3 of 5 (4,198 Views)
Novel Tourist

hi ,

I have found the tool bar on rhs and done a search on skype with the skype name or email address but it just takes FOREVER to find anyone . In fact the little circle keeps going round like it still looking but hasn't brought up any contacts yet . Any idea what i am doing wrong ? thanks

Message 4 of 5 (4,124 Views)
Casual Tourist

I am having trouble adding contacts to my windows 8.1 skype

Message 5 of 5 (1,790 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation