By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Windows 8 Sending Files

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Hello guyz, i would like to ask how to send a file via Skype for Windows 8

Message 1 of 28 (40,852 Views)
27 Replies
Super Aviator

Unfortunately, File transfer feature is not available in this version of Skype.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 28 (40,842 Views)
Novel Adventurer

This is not acceptable. The windows 7 client can send files, but the windows 8 cannot? I would like to believe that your dedicated to removing features that are not useful, but this is not what is going on here.

Why are you unable maintain functionality?

Message 3 of 28 (40,750 Views)
Super Aviator

Please see-

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-8/File-sending-removed/m-p/1161038#M503

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 4 of 28 (40,745 Views)
Novel Tourist

Sending files is one of the most useful features in Skype... and it is not available in "the latest, most beautiful and sleekest version of Skype" :mansad:

Message 5 of 28 (39,837 Views)
Novel Tourist

Sending files is one of the most important features, why can't i just drag a file into the conversation? This feature had there to be from day one! It's really important when working with colleagues that you can exchange files. Really don't understand the reason it's not available

Message 6 of 28 (38,012 Views)
Novel Adventurer

WELL THEN MAKE IT AVAILABLE THIS IS UNBELIVABLE I HATE YOU PEOPLE.

Message 7 of 28 (36,644 Views)
Super Aviator

Bananashady,

Use the Skype desktop client instead.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi

Regards,
Tamim

Message 8 of 28 (36,633 Views)
Casual Tourist

fracnor wrote:

Sending files is one of the most useful features in Skype... and it is not available in "the latest, most beautiful and sleekest version of Skype" :mansad:

When will i be able to send files through skype because i play call of duty and i need to send them to my editor through skype

Message 9 of 28 (36,518 Views)
Casual Tourist
Thanks for the advice. I have uninstalled the confusing, ridiculous "no file send" Windows 8 version of Skype and installed the sensible, practical desktop version from your link instead. Maybe the app developers will get the message soon and make many much-needed improvements.
Message 10 of 28 (36,500 Views)
Discussion Stats