By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Windows 8 App and Windows Desktop on Windows 8

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

OK.. The Skype WIndows 8 App, does not allow my to share my desktop or use two monitors.  So I downloaded the desktop version.  It works fine, however the only way to "kill" it is to go the the task manager and shut it down.  I do not use it regulary enough to warrant leaving it run in the background.  Will the Windows 8 App ever be acceptable for multi monitors or desktop sharing.?

Message 1 of 4 (807 Views)
3 Replies
Super Aviator

Try Below:

reset skype in safe mode w/n, run Skype and disable uPnP.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-8/Can-t-login-to-skype/m-p/1351451/highlight/true#M6208

you can also try to disabling automatic startup of Skype.

Tools >> Options... >> General settings >> Uncheck "Start Skype when I start Windows."

Restart to Normal Mode.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 4 (799 Views)
Novel Tourist

I also want to use the desktop sharing and the "normal skype". how can i download the desktop version?

thank you!

Message 3 of 4 (714 Views)
Community Ambassador

You can install the currently latest Skype 6.3.0.107 version using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.3.0.107.msi

Message 4 of 4 (705 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation