By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Where does Skype save history on a computer running Windows 8?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Recently I would like to try to find out the folder saving up my skype history but i have problem doing it, because it does not save in the same folder as it saved in windows 7 previously. So does anyone have any idea where does skype save the history? Help is needed.Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (69,737 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Aviator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by sanguinewilliam
‎28-08-2015 11:00

You're very welcome.

download SkypeLogView

nirsoft.net/utils/skype_log_view.html

and open the main.db file with it.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8 (87,087 Views)
7 Replies
Super Aviator

the default location is.

modernUI

C:\Users\tamim\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SkypeApp_kzf8qxf38zg5c\LocalState\tamim\main.db

desktopUI 

C:\Users\tamim\AppData\Roaming\Skype\tamim\main.db

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 8 (69,732 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thanks for replying fast, but the problem is i could not find the location you mentioned above.

Message 3 of 8 (69,727 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Excuse me, it appears that the folder is hidden and no I have found it. But I can't view the history file right?
Message 4 of 8 (69,724 Views)
Super Aviator

Press WinKey + R to open the Run window

WinKey (the button is located between the left Ctrl and Alt with the Windows logo)

type: %appdata% (desktopUI) and press Enter

type: %localappdata%\Packages (modernUI) and press Enter

Open the Skype folder and look for your SkypeUserName folder.

Regards,
Tamim

Message 5 of 8 (69,723 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Thank you so much, but i would like to know is it that I wont be able to view the chat history( as in word form)??
Message 6 of 8 (69,721 Views)
Super Aviator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by sanguinewilliam
‎28-08-2015 11:00

You're very welcome.

download SkypeLogView

nirsoft.net/utils/skype_log_view.html

and open the main.db file with it.

Regards,
Tamim

Message 7 of 8 (87,088 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thank you...you're brilliant.

Windows is a nightmare to navigate...thanks a lot for the help!

Message 8 of 8 (69,258 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 3 in conversation