By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype "Call failed", in windows 8

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Hi All, got a new lap top with Windows 8 and first thing i want to check is Skype,

after signing in as usual tried the echo test and got "call failed"

Also none of my contact are with my account, not sure what that is or how do I trouble shoot this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (6,870 Views)
4 Replies
Novel Tourist
I have the exact same problem.
Message 2 of 5 (6,842 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have the same problem here.  I upgraded to Win 8 and skype sets up great all of my contacts are there.  I can chat but when I call or someone calls me, as soon as the other party picks up it says call failed. Just like with the sound test.

Message 3 of 5 (6,825 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Ok I got my to partially work.  There is this thing called "troubleshooter" from Microsoft.  Here is the link.  http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

I ran it and it fixed some settings.  I restarted and the calls went through. Hope this helps you.

Message 4 of 5 (6,758 Views)
Casual Tourist

larry67 wrote:

Hi All, got a new lap top with Windows 8 and first thing i want to check is Skype,

after signing in as usual tried the echo test and got "call failed"

Also none of my contact are with my account, not sure what that is or how do I trouble shoot this?

Thanks

Message 5 of 5 (3,167 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation