By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype not opening after upgrading to Windows 8.1

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I just bought this computer a week ago

Message 61 of 286 (1,114 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I went to my graphic card brand's web site and search for some updates, and updated them.

Message 62 of 286 (1,114 Views)
Casual Tourist

I'm not sure where to look to find what type of system I have. Can someone tell me where to find it? I'm also having the same problem and want to have it fixed asap.

Message 63 of 286 (1,092 Views)
Casual Tourist

We have the same problem too. I have installed the desktop version which works fine. But that’s not the point (Microsoft now own Skype you’d think they would have tested their own Apps before the upgrade release for Windows 8.1)

Message 64 of 286 (1,058 Views)
Novel Adventurer

This did work!! Thanks!

Message 65 of 286 (1,032 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Ditto on all counts!  Any solution yet?

Message 66 of 286 (1,014 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Sucess here!!!

I just update my video driver (Intel 3000) with the last version avaiable at manufactor site and Voilà!

Message 67 of 286 (984 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Sucess here!!!

I just update my video driver (Intel 3000) with the last version avaiable at manufactor site and Voilà!

Message 68 of 286 (980 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Does the update on the video driver solve the issue with 8.1and skype
Message 69 of 286 (966 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Disabled and re-enabled, graphics card, webcam, drivers for both up to date, still no skype loading!!!!!!

Message 71 of 286 (2,494 Views)