By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype app for Windows 8 : Push to talk ?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hello, is it possible to activate "Push to talk" on this new version ?

thx.

Message 1 of 10 (17,652 Views)
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Super Aviator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by theophile76
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Unfortunately, not.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10 (17,820 Views)
Super Aviator
Solution

This is also not possible.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10 (17,815 Views)
9 Replies
Super Aviator
Solution

Unfortunately, not.

Regards,
Tamim

Message 2 of 10 (17,821 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Ok thx,

and is it possible to don't automatically adjust speaker's volume ?

Message 3 of 10 (17,647 Views)
Super Aviator
Solution

This is also not possible.

Regards,
Tamim

Message 4 of 10 (17,816 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Ok thx, it need "advanced settings"...

I go to desktop version.

Message 5 of 10 (17,636 Views)
Super Aviator
You're welcome.
Regards,
Tamim

Message 6 of 10 (17,632 Views)
Novel Tourist

i need help in installing skype on windows 8

Message 7 of 10 (17,544 Views)
Super Aviator

What happens when you are trying to installing Skype?
Did you receive any error code / messages?

Regards,
Tamim

Message 8 of 10 (17,543 Views)
Novel Tourist

I don't know if this will help but if you're installing Skype on Windows 8 from the download section you have to be using Internet Explorer to be able to click the download link since it's technically an app. I'm a Chrome guy and I was sitting there for a good 10 minutes trying to figure out why it would work.
Much like the original poster, I too require push-to-talk. If you think you'll need any options at all you'll want to download the desktop version. 

Message 9 of 10 (17,322 Views)
Novel Tourist

I find this to be a terrible oversight. It pretty much rules skype out if you are using it anywhere with a lot of background noise. Poor form.

Message 10 of 10 (11,752 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation