By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Won't load and now wont install

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Routine Adventurer

Hi, i once had Skype for Windows 8 and i uninstalled it to use the desktop one. Realizing that the desktop one takes up too much of my CPU, i wanted to get the app again. I tried to install it and it wouldnt load into the app. Now, after deleting all of the files, i cant even download it anymore. Please Help.

-Matthew Madden

Message 1 of 11 (1,488 Views)
10 Replies
Super Aviator

Did you receive any error code / messages?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 11 (1,486 Views)
Routine Adventurer

"Oops, something went wrong. Restart Skype or Try Again."

Message 3 of 11 (1,482 Views)
Super Aviator

Please answer all of the following questions in your very next reply:

Do you have any security software installed on the computer?
Did a Free-trial antivirus come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it?
Do you have any other p2p (µTorrent, BiTtorrent, Team Viewer) software installed on the computer?
Do you have Hamachi LogMeIn installed?
What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
What third-party firewall (if any)?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 4 of 11 (1,478 Views)
Routine Adventurer

Tamim wrote:

Please answer all of the following questions in your very next reply:

Do you have any security software installed on the computer? Windows Defender
Did a Free-trial antivirus come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? No
Do you have any other p2p (µTorrent, BiTtorrent, Team Viewer) software installed on the computer? Yes
Do you have Hamachi LogMeIn installed?Yes
What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? None
What third-party firewall (if any)? None

Message 5 of 11 (1,476 Views)
Super Aviator

Please temporarily disable the LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine Service from the Elevated Command Prompt.

Press Winkey + X >>  Select Command Prompt (Admin)

Type net stop Hamachi2Svc commands and press Enter.

Now try installing the app.

Regards,
Tamim

Message 6 of 11 (1,474 Views)
Routine Adventurer

I was able to install, but still could not load into the app. It is stuck on the loading screen before the login...

Message 7 of 11 (1,470 Views)
Super Aviator

Please uninstall Hamachi and other p2p programs then try again.

Regards,
Tamim

Message 8 of 11 (1,467 Views)
Routine Adventurer

Thank you so much! That worked!  Thanks for your time

Message 9 of 11 (1,459 Views)
Super Aviator

You're welcome – and happy Valentine's day!

Port 80 must be forwarded for modern Skype app to operate properly.

Regards,
Tamim

Message 10 of 11 (1,457 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation