By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Keeps crashing On Windows 8

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Every time i start skype it loads then crashes. I have uninstalled multiple times and restarted my computer.

Message 1 of 15 (28,003 Views)
14 Replies
Super Aviator

What is the version of Skype program you are on now?

Please post event viewer log in your very next reply.

Click Start >> Run >> Type eventvwr.msc /s
Custom Views >> Administrative Events
Look for any error message related to Skype crash.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 15 (27,995 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hello

My skyp keeps crashing and restarting itself for windows 8 so it just keeps going around in a circle.

I downloaded the app from the app store for free.

I get two diffrent error messages  in the event viewer everytime it restarts it self.

Number one

+ System

- Provider
      [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-AppHost       [ Guid] {98E0765D-8C42-44A3-A57B-760D7F93225A}
      EventID 127       Version 0       Level 2       Task 8       Opcode 12       Keywords 0x8000000000000001     - TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2012-10-27T07:01:35.841903700Z
      EventRecordID 79       Correlation     - Execution
      [ ProcessID] 3116       [ ThreadID] 3408
      Channel Microsoft-Windows-AppHost/Admin       Computer DeansPc     - Security
      [ UserID] S-1-5-21-[removed for privacy]-20861114-4003927972-1001

- UserData

- WWATerminateApplication
      DisplayName Skype       ApplicationName App       AppUserModelId Microsoft.SkypeApp_kzf8qxf38zg5c!App       PackageFullName Microsoft.SkypeApp_1.1.0.25_x86__kzf8qxf38zg5c       ProcessId 3116       ErrorDescription {"exception":null,"error":{"description":"Online ID account properties must be updated before sign-in.\r\n","number":-2138701819,"stack":"WinRTError: Online ID account properties must be updated before sign-in.\r\n\n at getResultsOfAsyncOp (Function code:226:5)\n at completed (Function code:299:21)","asyncOpType":"Windows.Security.Authentication.OnlineId.UserAuthenticationOperation"},"promise":{"_oncancel":null,"_nextState":null,"_state":{"name":"error","done":null,"then":null},"_listeners":null,"_value":{"description":"Online ID account properties must be updated before sign-in.\r\n","number":-2138701819,"stack":"WinRTError: Online ID account properties must be updated before sign-in.\r\n\n at getResultsOfAsyncOp (Function code:226:5)\n at completed (Function code:299:21)","asyncOpType":"Windows.Security.Authentication.OnlineId.UserAuthenticationOperation"},"_isException":false,"_errorId":2},"id":2}       DocumentFile /default.html       StackTrace WinRTError: Online ID account properties must be updated before sign-in. at getResultsOfAsyncOp (Function code:226:5) at completed (Function code:299:21) 

Number Two

App Microsoft.SkypeApp_kzf8qxf38zg5c!App did not launch within its allotted time.

I am running

Intell 2600K 3.4 GHz

8GB DDR3 Ram

Vertex 3 SSD

Western digital 500GB black

GTX 560ti Nvidea

Windows 8 Pro

Super Aviator

try  installing the Windows 8 Media Pack

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30685

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 4 of 15 (27,982 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I cannot install windows 8 media pack because i contain this error message

"This update is not compatable with you computer"

i am runing a 64bit operating system. 

Message 5 of 15 (27,979 Views)
Super Aviator

download the 64-bit version of media pack and run the installer with ADMIN rights (Run as administrator...)

try this TWO FixIT

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts....

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Regards,
Tamim

Message 6 of 15 (27,967 Views)
Staff

To solve this problem, please make sure that your Microsoft Account has additional security information in place like Phone number, alternative e-mail or security question. 

You can set that information to your account by logging in to account.live.com

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Message 7 of 15 (27,786 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Kindly go to the "Microsoft Store" and download skype for windows 8 from there. It worked well for me after all the hell of trouble i went through.

Message 8 of 15 (27,005 Views)
Novel Adventurer

It still does not works for me...

Got Windows 8 Pro version, all updates checked.

Message 9 of 15 (26,998 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Are you sure that it was downloaded from the Microsoft Store? If so, then am sorry i would not know the problem. I tried all ideas in forums and finally thought of using the "Store app" and it worked well.

Message 10 of 15 (26,994 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 18 kudos
  • 9 in conversation