By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype App Crashes in Modern UI

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I've had skype up and running on windows 8 (modern version) until a recent skype update caused skype to start crashing on its boot up process. I've tried uninstalling through Windows 8 Modern UI and reinstalling other new versions in the store and still have had no luck. Anyone have any advice as to the cause of such a crash?

My boot error is as follows:

App <App> crashed with an unhandled Javascript exception. App details are as follows: Display Name:<Skype>, AppUserModelId: <Microsoft.SkypeApp_kzf8qxf38zg5c!App> Package Identity:<Microsoft.SkypeApp_1.6.0.114_x86__kzf8qxf38zg5c> PID:<6204>. The details of the JavaScript exception are as follows Exception Name:<WinRT error>, Description:<Unspecified error
>, HTML Document Path:</default.html>, Source File Name:<ms-appx://microsoft.skypeapp/default.html>, Source Line Number:<199>, Source Column Number:<5>, and Stack Trace: ms-appx://microsoft.skypeapp/default.html:199:5 rethrowPromiseError()
ms-appx://microsoft.skypeapp/default.html:1:172 WinRT Promise.done()()
ms-appx://microsoft.skypeapp/default.html:1:99 Windows.Foundation.IAsyncOperation`1<Windows.Storage.StorageFile>()

StackTracems-appx://microsoft.skypeapp/default.html:199:5 rethrowPromiseError() ms-appx://microsoft.skypeapp/default.html:1:172 WinRT Promise.done()() ms-appx://microsoft.skypeapp/default.html:1:99 Windows.Foundation.IAsyncOperation`1<Windows.Storage.StorageFile>() 

(p.s. desktop version of skype works fine)

Message 1 of 4 (810 Views)
3 Replies

Can you please follow these instructions and give us the logfile please?

Thanks in advance. 

If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Message 2 of 4 (763 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I have been having the exact same problems. I do not know how to fix and I have even "Refreshed" my PC and lost all of my programs. 

Message 3 of 4 (757 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thanks for directing me to that page for instructions. My log file is attached in the zip below, if you need any more information please let me know!

Message 4 of 4 (751 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation