By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Share Screen in windows 8 skype application

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I was wondering how to share screen on windows 8 skype application

Message 1 of 13 (53,888 Views)
12 Replies
Super Aviator

Screen sharing feature is not available in the modern version of Skype.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 13 (53,879 Views)
Novel Adventurer

thanks for your reply.. so sometimes getting modern application is not healthy i guess. no wonder ppl say old is gold

Message 3 of 13 (53,864 Views)
Super Aviator

You're welcome. Probably Skype will add this feature in next release.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 4 of 13 (53,859 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Tamim wrote:

You're welcome. Probably Skype will add this feature in next release.

When will the next feature be released?

Message 5 of 13 (41,633 Views)
Former Staff

hi,

In order to use screensharing feature in Skype, please download Skype for Desktop which offers that functionality. Skype for Windows 8 doesn't support it since Windows 8 Modern Apps don't have that capability. It is a Windows 8 Store apps security feature.

Message 6 of 13 (41,431 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Thanks, i love the Skype programm on windows 7 more then the Skype app on windows 8, and now i have the programm back
Message 7 of 13 (41,392 Views)
Former Staff

I am glad it helped. :-)

Message 8 of 13 (41,379 Views)
Novel Adventurer

i dont understand dis

Message 9 of 13 (35,271 Views)
Casual Tourist

The whole point of the question was in regards to windows 8, whereas your response link only allows windows 7, Vista and XP... Reading previous answers, the answer seems to be that at the moment, screen shraing is not available i am afraid a very useful function however and would like to see it incorporated in future updates

Message 10 of 13 (31,765 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 9 in conversation