By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Running Skype in the background of other programs

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I cant figure out how to run Skype in the background of any programs. I don't want to just keep it running so I can take calls, I want to be able to keep my call going while I'm on the windows tile screen or playing games on steam. I'm aware you can drag the Skype window into a corner of the screen to keep the call going but this doesn't work with steam as the games full screen themselves cutting off the call. And the tile screen (windows 8 home) does the same. Any help would be much appreciated :cattongue:

See more topics labeled with:

Message 1 of 3 (3,854 Views)
2 Replies
Novel Tourist

Same problem, This is the reason why I did not want Windows 8. They have to make everything so much more complicated than it really needs to be. I wish I could just download the Skype program onto my laptop rather than the stupid app.

Message 2 of 3 (3,360 Views)
Community Ambassador

You can install the currently latest Skype 6.11.0.102 desktop version using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.11.0.102.msi

Message 3 of 3 (3,346 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation