By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Removing a contact in windows 8

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

How do I remove a contact from my contacts list in the windows 8 version of skype? The contact is an old skpe name that is not used anymore.

Message 1 of 25 (11,905 Views)
24 Replies
wss
Novel Adventurer

Has anyone figured this out yet as I have a few I would like to remove.  Not liking windows 8 and it's like trying to play a piano with mittens on!

Message 2 of 25 (11,704 Views)
Super Aviator

Run Skype. Under people, select / highlight the contact you want to remove >> Right Click >> Click Remove.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 3 of 25 (11,703 Views)
wss
Novel Adventurer

Well if that actually worked I wouldn't have asked lol! Right clicking does nothing, nada, zilch!

Message 4 of 25 (11,700 Views)
Super Aviator

Did you select the contact?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 5 of 25 (11,698 Views)
wss
Novel Adventurer
You have to actually click on the contact and open a conversation with them then right click on the contact before the option appears.
Message 6 of 25 (11,698 Views)
Novel Tourist

Ok so I dont think they quite explain it well. Here's what you do. In skype, scroll over to your contacts. Click on the contact as if you were to start a conversation. Then, anywhere on the screen, right click once. At the very bottom right corner of your screen will be 3 buttons. The one in the very corner will show a skype person symbol with an X and will say "remove" beneath it. Click on this, and it will ask you "are you sure?" That's all there is to it. I wish helpers in forums were more in-depth and lengthy with their answers

Message 7 of 25 (11,500 Views)
Novel Tourist

Thank you very much, this worked for me.

Message 8 of 25 (11,383 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Deleting contacts is not permanent. It still shows on skype, which means you can put contacts back on your list, if you change your mind.

Message 9 of 25 (10,442 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Pardon me, I meant clicking remove won't permanently delete a contact.

Message 10 of 25 (10,440 Views)
Discussion Stats