By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Recent chat history with Skype on Windows 8

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

Hello

I have spent a lot of time and I cannot figure a way to delete all the recent history from a chat conversation in the new skype windows 8 from the app store.

even when I restart/shutdown, I come back and the recent history stills there.

Anyone help?

thank you.

Message 1 of 42 (57,686 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Aviator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by soplaz
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Skype >> Win + C >> Settings >> Options >> Clear History.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 42 (57,986 Views)
41 Replies
Super Aviator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by soplaz
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Skype >> Win + C >> Settings >> Options >> Clear History.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 42 (57,987 Views)
Novel Adventurer

The clear history button doesn't work. At best it clears one party's conversation but retains the incoming converstion. This app is really awful !!!

Message 3 of 42 (56,666 Views)
Super Aviator

You can also try to delete the main.db file (history database file)

C:\Users\tamim\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SkypeApp_kzf8qxf38zg5c\LocalState\tamim\main.db

Regards,
Tamim

Message 4 of 42 (56,663 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Surely one can't keep on doing that just to clear the history. They just need to fix this and many other bugs with the app. When is the next upgrade due to be released?
Message 5 of 42 (56,651 Views)
Casual Tourist

Seriously. I have a hard time gettting the app to update on time when I recieve a new Im, cant right click and delete a single IM window, cant unlink my microsoft account without deleting the whole thing. Its ridiculous! These issues need to be addressed.

Message 6 of 42 (56,478 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I've been chasing Skype support and it seems on Windows 8 there isn't a fix for deleting conversations but they assure me that this will be fixed in the next update.... just don't know when that update will happen. It needs to be soon !

Message 7 of 42 (56,464 Views)
Former Staff

Next update should be available in 8 days.

Message 8 of 42 (56,463 Views)
Casual Tourist

Is there an update on this issue yet?  The problem does not yet seem to be resolved.

Message 9 of 42 (56,037 Views)
Novel Adventurer

The solution offered by deleting the entire history is not appropriate. I need to retain some chats and delete unwanted ones.

is there a fix for this?

Message 10 of 42 (55,749 Views)
Discussion Stats