By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

No text box for username-passwords

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer

Hello..
Well I am facing a very strange problem. I am using Skype (desktop) in windows 8.

The problem is that there is no space or textbox so I have not been able to sign in obviously.

So Itried to reinstall skype a couple of times but the result is the same

Already the windows 8 app for skype is buggy. I 've not been able to use it even once.

The screenshot is attached, it would better describe my problem.

So what am I supposed to do ?

Message 1 of 14 (2,289 Views)
13 Replies
Community Ambassador

Is your Windows 32-bit or 64-bit?

Message 2 of 14 (2,280 Views)
Casual Adventurer

64 bit

Message 3 of 14 (2,273 Views)
Super Aviator

Try to re-register library files.
http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Installing-skype/m-p/971420/highlight/true#M71582

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 4 of 14 (2,271 Views)
Casual Adventurer

@Tamim

It didn't work. 

Message 5 of 14 (2,263 Views)
Super Aviator

Try to open the page below with Internet Explorer and post the result
http://javatester.org/javascript.html

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 6 of 14 (2,261 Views)
Casual Adventurer
starnge.. !!!
Message 7 of 14 (2,254 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Message 8 of 14 (2,251 Views)
Community Ambassador

You can try this “legacylogin” workaround, which will enable login using the old legacy login window, but some other Skype functions, as e.g. “Add a contact”, may still not work.

Quit Skype. Make sure that you don’t see any Skype.exe processes in Windows Task Manager. If necessary, then stop these processes.

Open this folder on your computer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\ 

You should see there the Skype application file (Skype.exe).  Right click on the Skype.exe file and select: Send to – Desktop (create shortcut). Right click on the newly created shortcut and select Properties and then the Shortcut tab. In the Target field you will see now:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe"

Click with your mouse on the text in the Target field and move your curser one space after the last quotation sign and add the text /legacylogin. The text in the Target field should now read:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe"  /legacylogin

Click OK to save the changes. Start Skype using this new shortcut. Can you now login to Skype?

Message 9 of 14 (2,246 Views)
Casual Adventurer
@ ruwim

Thanks a lot...
I could sign in ...
But it doesn't explain the problem..
Message 10 of 14 (2,226 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation