By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

No "Skype," folder in %appdata%

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer

Hi,

I just installed Skype on Windows 8 and tried to log in, but I never go to that point. I have heard somone say to go to the Skype folder in Roaming, but it was not there. Should I create a Skype folder?

Message 1 of 6 (25,989 Views)
5 Replies
Super Aviator

What happens when you are trying to SIGNIN to Skype?
Did you receive any error code / messages?
Which version of Skype do you use?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 6 (25,984 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I use Windows 8 Skype via Windows Store. Funny, when I got the Windows 8.1 Preview, it let me sign in. Though I still don't have a skype folder.

Message 3 of 6 (25,979 Views)
Super Aviator

The location is different for modern version of Skype.

C:\Users\Tamim\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SkypeApp_kzf8qxf38zg5c

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 4 of 6 (25,970 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I found it, but does that mean I need to rename that folder?

Thanks,

Ian

Message 5 of 6 (25,965 Views)
Super Aviator

Did you receive any error code / messages when you are trying to login into Skype?

Regards,
Tamim

Message 6 of 6 (25,956 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 2 in conversation